The Student Room Group

Results help and next year

So I am in S6 and I needed a B for minimum requirements and got a C instead. Now I have AABC and needed AABB. I don't know what to do since I'm past school now and have no idea how to take highers after
Reply 1
Original post by Kratanos
So I am in S6 and I needed a B for minimum requirements and got a C instead. Now I have AABC and needed AABB. I don't know what to do since I'm past school now and have no idea how to take highers after

I believe you can sit most Highers at College.

You may also be able to apply as a "Ghost Candidate?" (I think that's what their called but I'm not 100% certain). Basically you register at a local school for an exam (you will have to pay to sit it) but don't go into the school to learn. It's like self-learning, but you take the exam at the end.
(edited 4 years ago)
Well done on your results! You could ask for a remark. Was it unexpected? Or did you feel the exam didn't go well?
Reply 3
Original post by MajorKong
Well done on your results! You could ask for a remark. Was it unexpected? Or did you feel the exam didn't go well?

It was completely unexpected because I had received a very high A in the prelim. I have no clue what happened
Reply 4

Original post by Strelzo
I believe you can sit most Highers at College.

You may also be able to apply as a "Ghost Candidate?" (I think that's what their called but I'm not 100% certain). Basically you register at a local school for an exam (you will have to pay to sit it) but don't go into the school to learn. It's like self-learning, but you take the exam at the end.

I live in a rural areas where the only highers offered at college are ones I already have like English. I have been wanting to talk to the school about something but haven't been able to contact them
Reply 5

I live in a rural areas where the only highers offered at college are ones I already have like English. I have been wanting to talk to the school about something but haven't been able to contact them

When schools re-open, go up and ask someone of authority who will be able to help you.

Had you already applied for the course you needed the grades for?
Reply 7
Original post by Labrador99
Had you already applied for the course you needed the grades for?

I planned on taking a year to work and nobody told me I could defer it so I didn't
I planned on taking a year to work and nobody told me I could defer it so I didn't

Sorry, missed this before! Your former school may be willing to accept you as like an external candidate, so you wouldn't go to school, but they'd act as an exam centre. I think there are a couple of colleges that have a couple of distance learning options for highers- not so much choice in terms of what subjects you can do those in, but there are a couple of options that are out there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending