The Student Room Group

My (very boring) GCSE GYG -- Year 11

Scroll to see replies

RyanC basically at first I only skimmed read what u write in ur first post coz it was so long
Soz
But now I wanna say... Yh I’m yr 11 Omgg we couldn’t BELIEVE it was our turn doing GCSE’s! But u k I kind of likes the fact of doing exams! I acc dk y!
Basically I feel excited bout upcoming events like hospital appointments...like wat?!
Anywayyys...Yh just enjoy every day of this holiday but u k do revision as well...like make time for urself and
Schools stress u out a lot... don’t let that get to u
U do revision wenever u wanna and wenever u need to
Ur doing most of it now so yay!
But just fit leave most revision to the month before!
I forgot to say in my post but sure tag me, your GYG is actually quite nice to read
Please tag me
Reply 43
WEEK 1 :smile:

Hiiii everyone :biggrin: This update probably won't be very long since I haven't really done anything productive this week.. oops.. but I have lots of plans for what I want to do (most likely won't happen).. Once school starts again, I will have more to complain about say 😂

So, what have I been up to?
- Watching Orange is the new black obsessively .. I have a problem 😂 like seriously if I watch something I like I'm hooked until its finished.., I'm currently on season 5..
- Almost being blown up by my laptop :headfire:
- Fixing my laptop who is now behaving (is probably scared of @Roses & Dreams 😂)
- I bought some things from eBay that I wanted for school
- ^Including 200 revision cards so now I have no excuse as to why I'm not doing anything!
- I made some revision cards for science equations (see the ones in an earlier post, they're all like that)
- Going to sleep at 5am and waking up at 12pm . .... yes its bad I know, I'm trying to get back into a healthier routine.
- There's more but I've forgotten it now the post messed itself up :frown:

Plans for next week:
- Make some revision cards for every subject -- could anyone give advice on what I should write on them since I've already done equations
- Find more funny revision videos 😂
- Make some checklists/progress trackers so I can track where I am next year and see how well I know the topics - I find this a good way to make sure I'm revising enough of everything + not focusing my time on one thing
- I think I am meeting with a friend who is disappointed in me for getting so lazy and not doing anything this holidays.. IDK what we're doing tho..
- Post again on Wednesday!
- Read one of the English Lit texts.. probably Inspector Calls
- Look at my poetry anthology

Byeee :smile: Thanks for reading and have a good summer! :hello:

TAGS: (If you would like one, don't hesitate to ask!)

Spoiler

Sorry, the post messed itself up and just bleh.. but it's all ok now! :biggrin: I think I remembered most of what I put..
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 44
ok thats broken
Now its not cos i fixed it :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by RyanC_

Hiiii everyone :biggrin: This update probably won't be very long since I haven't really done anything productive this week.. oops.. but I have lots of plans for what I want to do (most likely won't happen).. Once school starts again, I will have more to complain about say 😂

- Watching Orange is the new black obsessively .. I have a problem 😂 like seriously if I watch something I like I'm hooked until its finished.., I'm currently on season 5..
- Fixing my laptop who is now behaving (is probably scared of Roses

It should be scared. :fuhrer:
Original post by RyanC_
ok thats broken

It's not the computer is it? :dry:
Reply 46
Original post by Roses & Dreams
It should be scared. :fuhrer:

It's not the computer is it? :dry:

There should be way more.. I tried to edit it on the app and it ruined everything :/
Original post by RyanC_
There should be way more.. I tried to edit it on the app and it ruined everything :/

I was wondering why it was so short...
I didn't get the long post either. :cry2:
Reply 48
I was wondering why it was so short...
I didn't get the long post either. :cry2:

Ughhhh :frown: ok I'll rewrite it now
Original post by RyanC_

- Fixing my laptop who is now behaving (is probably scared of @Roses & Dreams 😂)
- ^Includign 200 revision cards so now I have no excuse as to why I'm not revising!
- I made some revision cards for science equations (see the ones in an earlier post, they're all like that)
- Going to sleep at 5am and waking up at 12pm . .... yes its bad I know, I'm trying to get back into a healthier routine.

Plans for next week:
- Make some revision cards -- could anyone give advice on what I should write on them since I've already done equations
- Make some checklists/progress trackers so I can track where I am next year and see how well I know the topics - I find this a good way to make sure I'm revising enough of everything + not focusing my time on one thing
- I think I am meeting with a friend who is disappointed in me for getting so lazy and not doing anything this holidays.. IDK what we're doing tho..

Spoiler

Sorry, the post messed itself up and just bleh.. but it's all ok now! :biggrin: I think I remembered most of what I put..

I was watching these weird French challenges by Alexa Teaches French (I think that's her name, she's really helpful) and basically people were trying to pronounce some awful looking French weirds. There was one lady, she was terrible but then again so am I. 😊
Reply 50
I was watching these weird French challenges by Alexa Teaches French (I think that's her name, she's really helpful) and basically people were trying to pronounce some awful looking French weirds. There was one lady, she was terrible but then again so am I. 😊

I found her :biggrin: I've just added her to my very complex (yet organised) maze or bookmarks folder full of youtubers, sites and all that 😂 she looks very helpful.. Thanks :smile:
Original post by RyanC_
I found her :biggrin: I've just added her to my very complex (yet organised) maze or bookmarks folder full of youtubers, sites and all that 😂 she looks very helpful.. Thanks :smile:

No problem, her pronunciation vids are incredible. They help so much. Because this Unicorn can't pronounce French to save her life.
Original post by RyanC_

- ^Including 200 revision cards so now I have no excuse as to why I'm not doing anything!

Plans for next week:
- Make some revision cards for every subject -- could anyone give advice on what I should write on them since I've already done equations
- Read one of the English Lit texts.. probably Inspector Calls
- Look at my poetry anthology

Spoiler

Probably scared of you too and I’m loving your plans, are there any funny revision videos you’d recommend
Reply 53
Original post by LucyOr15
Probably scared of you too and I’m loving your plans, are there any funny revision videos you’d recommend

Probably 😂 I'm not happy with it all all! Thank you :smile: not yet I still need to find some.. after some OITNB :colone:
Original post by RyanC_
Probably 😂 I'm not happy with it all all! Thank you :smile: not yet I still need to find some.. after some OITNB :colone:

Let me know when you find some and it better work or the wrath upon it will be huge and dangerous
Reply 55
WEEK 2 :smile:

Hiiii :biggrin: Time for another update!...

This week has been much less productive than I thought it would be.. :s-smilie: however, I have been out more and done more things which can partially explain why. I still have lots that I want to do.. and will do this week!

What I've been doing: 😂
- Still watching OITNB obsessively.. I'm on S7E10 now though so I will finish that tonight
- I went shopping on Saturday and I bought a few things including a to-do list (£2), some notebooks (25p each!) whiteboard (£4:eek:) and magnets (£1) from Wilko because there was a very good sale
- I hung the whiteboard, for it to fall down on Monday and get a huge dent!
- I rehung the whiteboard and it's still there.. but I am buying some different command strips that should actually work so there's no more mishaps.. (see image, if it worked)
- I met up with my friend yesterday which was good, we went to her house and made la pizza :pizza: and watched Lucifer + Death in Paradise.. two things I really want to watch now... Sadly, I can't watch Lucifer because it's on Amazon Prime Video and I don't have that :frown: We also chatted a bit about Y11 but both decided that it's too scary to think about 😂
- Not much else

My plans for this week: (haven't changed much from last week)
- Create more revision cards
- Read one of my English lit texts
- Read through my poetry anthology
- Actually be productive

Byee :biggrin: Thanks for reading + good luck to anyone receiving A level results! :hello:

TAGS: (If you would like one, don’t hesitate to ask :smile:)

Spoiler

Reply 56
Teeny tiny update: the whiteboard fell down! :mad: + I finished OITNB :smile: + I got the free trial of Amazon Prime so I'm now watching Lucifer 😂
Original post by RyanC_
WEEK 2 :smile:

Hiiii :biggrin: Time for another update!...

This week has been much less productive than I thought it would be.. :s-smilie: however, I have been out more and done more things which can partially explain why. I still have lots that I want to do.. and will do this week!

What I've been doing: 😂
- Still watching OITNB obsessively.. I'm on S7E10 now though so I will finish that tonight
- I went shopping on Saturday and I bought a few things including a to-do list (£2), some notebooks (25p each!) whiteboard (£4:eek:) and magnets (£1) from Wilko because there was a very good sale
- I hung the whiteboard, for it to fall down on Monday and get a huge dent!
- I rehung the whiteboard and it's still there.. but I am buying some different command strips that should actually work so there's no more mishaps.. (see image, if it worked)
- I met up with my friend yesterday which was good, we went to her house and made la pizza :pizza: and watched Lucifer + Death in Paradise.. two things I really want to watch now... Sadly, I can't watch Lucifer because it's on Amazon Prime Video and I don't have that :frown: We also chatted a bit about Y11 but both decided that it's too scary to think about 😂
- Not much else

My plans for this week: (haven't changed much from last week)
- Create more revision cards
- Read one of my English lit texts
- Read through my poetry anthology
- Actually be productive

Byee :biggrin: Thanks for reading + good luck to anyone receiving A level results! :hello:

TAGS: (If you would like one, don’t hesitate to ask :smile:)

Spoiler

Omg I'm so sorry: TSR is playing up with me and the tag never came through?
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of your whiteboard and how is your room so tidy? (although the board did fall down lmao)
Dw about not being too productive, this is your last summer really of freedom. enjoy it as much as possible.
How's your friend coping with going into yr 11?
Reply 58
Omg I'm so sorry: TSR is playing up with me and the tag never came through?
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of your whiteboard and how is your room so tidy? (although the board did fall down lmao)
Dw about not being too productive, this is your last summer really of freedom. enjoy it as much as possible.
How's your friend coping with going into yr 11?

It's ok :biggrin:

I've always been a very tidy person :smile: I love organising and sorting (lol I'm weird) so that's why my desk stays nice and clean.. TBH I expected it to fall down so I think I'm gonna look on Amazon + eBay now and find the cheapest listing for the command strips I need.. If they don't work then IDK what I'll do 😂 this will be me: :rant::angry::stomp:

I did find some coloured whiteboard pens that I already owned so I don't have to buy them :biggrin:

Yeah, I think that's the approach I'm taking.. 😂.. My friend is worrying a bit about results and the exams + she doesn't really have any concrete plans for the future so I'm sure that's stressful for her... Also, she has low confidence in herself :frown: so she doesn't think she will get good grades when I know she will.. I think we're both just panicking basically 😆We are scarily similar to each other so I think we worry and overthink about many of the same things
Original post by RyanC_
It's ok :biggrin:

I've always been a very tidy person :smile: I love organising and sorting (lol I'm weird) so that's why my desk stays nice and clean.. TBH I expected it to fall down so I think I'm gonna look on Amazon + eBay now and find the cheapest listing for the command strips I need.. If they don't work then IDK what I'll do 😂 this will be me: :rant::angry::stomp:

I did find some coloured whiteboard pens that I already owned so I don't have to buy them :biggrin:

Yeah, I think that's the approach I'm taking.. 😂.. My friend is worrying a bit about results and the exams + she doesn't really have any concrete plans for the future so I'm sure that's stressful for her... Also, she has low confidence in herself :frown: so she doesn't think she will get good grades when I know she will.. I think we're both just panicking basically 😆We are scarily similar to each other so I think we worry and overthink about many of the same things

Whereas me, I'm never organised. :frown:
You buy those command strips. :fuhrer: Otherwise one day it'll fall on top of someone. :colonhash:

You pretty much have everything tbh. I knew you would have some, the amount of shopping you do. :biggrin:

I understand how she feels about concrete plans. I don't have any and I'm worrying because without knowing what you want to be, sometimes you'll choose a course that isn't right for you (e.g: GCSE Sports Studies :albertein:). As for panicking, I guess it's only natural, but make sure you're there for her if things get tough and encourage her to believe in herself. :yep: Oh goodness, I couldn't imagine both of you on TSR, if you're similar then I'd probably mix you up all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending