The Student Room Group

Anyone else terrified of AS/A-Level Results Day?

Less than a week left now and I could not be more worried to collect my results. This is my final year at my college (third year) and I feel as though my life will crumble if I do not get the grades I need to get into Cardiff. I am kind of in a depressed state after not receiving the grades I worked hard for last year.

Is anyone else fearing the dreadful day?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes I’m **** scared
Yep! Only getting 1 result (I'm in year 12) but it's the subject I want to take at uni and I need an A* to meet entry requirements or I cant apply. Very nervous!
Original post by Meowgi256
Yep! Only getting 1 result (I'm in year 12) but it's the subject I want to take at uni and I need an A* to meet entry requirements or I cant apply. Very nervous!

Let me guess is it maths?
Original post by mysticmagic2000
Let me guess is it maths?

Yep! How did you know?
Original post by Kenneth19
Less than a week left now and I could not be more worried to collect my results. This is my final year at my college (third year) and I feel as though my life will crumble if I do not get the grades I need to get into Cardiff. I am kind of in a depressed state after not receiving the grades I worked hard for last year.

Is anyone else fearing the dreadful day?

You are definitely not alone with feeling like this! Do you have an Insurance choice as well or is it all about Cardiff?
Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar
You are definitely not alone with feeling like this! Do you have an Insurance choice as well or is it all about Cardiff?

I received an unconditional-insurance offer from Coventry a few weeks ago but I don't really want to go there...
I received an unconditional-insurance offer from Coventry a few weeks ago but I don't really want to go there...

What A level result are you hoping for/expecting?
Reply 8
Business - A

Economics - A/B

Maths - B

English Lang/Lit - A
Original post by Meowgi256
Yep! How did you know?

Spoiler

Because I’m a legend
Business - A

Economics - A/B

Maths - B

English Lang/Lit - A

4 A levels? That must have made life harder.

Are you applying for a Business related course? I'm crossing my fingers for you about Cardiff, but you don't have to accept the Coventry offer if it comes to it. There will be lots of good unis in Clearing this year and the option to self release yourself into Clearing if you don't like the offer you have
Is this makes life any easier, I've been in EXACTLY the same position before;

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5523696
I'm not scared 😂

Spoiler

I can't bear the thought of results day. The fact that it's in a week is making me feel anxious already. But honestly it's a gamble I don't know how i did and its my first AS results day so we'll see. Although I'm quite scared about my performance in biology an psychology
Reply 14
Original post by harrysbar
4 A levels? That must have made life harder.

Are you applying for a Business related course? I'm crossing my fingers for you about Cardiff, but you don't have to accept the Coventry offer if it comes to it. There will be lots of good unis in Clearing this year and the option to self release yourself into Clearing if you don't like the offer you have

I am planning to study Business Management
Reply 15
Original post by flowerp34
I can't bear the thought of results day. The fact that it's in a week is making me feel anxious already. But honestly it's a gamble I don't know how i did and its my first AS results day so we'll see. Although I'm quite scared about my performance in biology an psychology

It is definitely a gamble, especially if you are taking essay-based papers like Psychology or English.
It is definitely a gamble, especially if you are taking essay-based papers like Psychology or English.

Why would u go coventry with grades like that??? My mate got ACC and is doing economics there and he got unconditional too... just apply Nottingham or somewhere
petrified
Original post by TheYearUni'er
Why would u go coventry with grades like that??? My mate got ACC and is doing economics there and he got unconditional too... just apply Nottingham or somewhere

They're predicted grades not grades and Iots of people want one safe option.

But @Kenneth19 there will be lots of vacancies for Business courses....I would stick with Cardiff if you get in as it's a great uni and you will have your accomodation sorted and so on, but if you don't, I would consider applying elsewhere in Clearing because it may be that there is too much of a gulf between Cardiff and Coventry.
Terrified is a word too weak for what I am feeling.

Quick Reply

Latest