The Student Room Group

PGCE Secondary Drama preparation

Hi, I'm about to start a PGCE Secondary Drama course at Bath Spa this September and I was wondering if there are any other people who are going to be starting in the same subject soon too? I've been going through my recommended reading list which is all fine, going to see lots of plays, and I've got to do my knowledge audit. (I only managed to get a little bit of secondary school shadowing experience due to my timetable conflicting a lot with theirs and I also worked in a school with young autistic children so I couldn't really change my schedule around a lot as it can be difficult for them).

Was trying to find out what other preparations I can do to make myself as ready as possible by the time September rolls around!

Thanks!
Original post by tunafish91
Hi, I'm about to start a PGCE Secondary Drama course at Bath Spa this September and I was wondering if there are any other people who are going to be starting in the same subject soon too? I've been going through my recommended reading list which is all fine, going to see lots of plays, and I've got to do my knowledge audit. (I only managed to get a little bit of secondary school shadowing experience due to my timetable conflicting a lot with theirs and I also worked in a school with young autistic children so I couldn't really change my schedule around a lot as it can be difficult for them).

Was trying to find out what other preparations I can do to make myself as ready as possible by the time September rolls around!

Thanks!

Honestly, it sounds like you are doing loads already! The PGCE is going to be a really full on year, so I'd suggest that you take some downtime to do stuff that you want to do, but might not have time to once school placement rolls around! Going to see plays is a good idea, but beyond that, honestly, I'd say take some time to relax and enjoy yourself now- as you won't have that much time to do so over the rest of the year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending