The Student Room Group

Advice

So I got my results back and I got ABBCC and I'm trying to figure out is it better to retake my old highers to try to get A's or is it better to take new subjects.
Also if anyone knows which higher is easier to crash business management or biology
Original post by Mynameisntjohn
So I got my results back and I got ABBCC and I'm trying to figure out is it better to retake my old highers to try to get A's or is it better to take new subjects.

What Highers did you take and what were your grades in each of them?

Do you know what you want to do after high school?
Well done, thats a great set of results. As for retaking subjects, it depends on what it is that you want to do. You have managed to pass them all which is great so you don't really need to retake anything unless you need an A grade in a specific subject for uni courses. I crashed higher business management this year and managed to get an A, and I found this a lot easier than higher maths for example which I did at nat 5. There is a lot to remember with higher business but I found it enjoyable and interesting. I wouldn't recommend crashing higher biology unless you have done at nat 5 as sciences are hard to crash at higher. If you chose to do biology it would require a lot of prior revision of the nat 5 material. Its up to you but personally I would take new subjects, mainly because I can't stand the thought of another year of the same highers lol. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending