The Student Room Group

Holiday during uni term time

I start uni next month and I have a holiday booked at the beginning of October for 5 days. Is this going to be an issue? Also, do I need to tell anyone that I’m going away?
Original post by Anonymous
I start uni next month and I have a holiday booked at the beginning of October for 5 days. Is this going to be an issue? Also, do I need to tell anyone that I’m going away?

yes it could be an issue, i'd email the uni and see if you'd miss anything important.

Will you be missing 5 days of lectures? Personally I wouldn't miss a week of uni, as that would be a lot of work to catch up on.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Will you be missing 5 days of lectures? Personally I wouldn't miss a week of uni, as that would be a lot of work to catch up on.

I leave Wednesday and get back Sunday so technically I only miss 3 days. Although I don’t know my timetable yet so I may or may not have one of those days off too.
I leave Wednesday and get back Sunday so technically I only miss 3 days. Although I don’t know my timetable yet so I may or may not have one of those days off too.

Best to contact your uni.
Original post by claireestelle
yes it could be an issue, i'd email the uni and see if you'd miss anything important.

Maybe don't phrase it quite like that though....don't want to irritate the lecturer further by implying that they'd bother doing sessions that contain no important information whatsoever.
To be honest, unless there's a policy on attendance, 3 days really isn't a big deal.

You should be absolutely fine. I would just be open and honest, drop an email to any lecturers, CC them in and just say "booked a holiday year in advance, off these days. Send me anything I miss" or something like that.

It's really no big deal, anyway, while I don't mean to be a bad influence at all - I've taken weeks off and had no issue. So long as you read what you're missing and get caught up, no big.

Hope this helps!
Enjoy your holiday
Joshua :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending