The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

entering clearing on results day?

I hold an unconditional offer atm and I'm looking to go to a better uni but I dont think I'll qualify for adjustment because my grade will be AT the required contextualized offer and not exceeding.

Henceforth should I then decline my unconditional and apply to clearing or apply clearing first then decline?
Original post by Anonymous
I hold an unconditional offer atm and I'm looking to go to a better uni but I dont think I'll qualify for adjustment because my grade will be AT the required contextualized offer and not exceeding.

Henceforth should I then decline my unconditional and apply to clearing or apply clearing first then decline?

universities might not allow you to call them about places when you aren't actually in clearing but you can try before giving up your place.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
universities might not allow you to call them about places when you aren't actually in clearing but you can try before giving up your place.

Are universities allowed to give me a verbal offer and then change their mind last minute?
Are universities allowed to give me a verbal offer and then change their mind last minute?

no they shouldn't do that, they should be very specific and give you a deadline for putting it on track
Reply 4
no they shouldn't do that, they should be very specific and give you a deadline for putting it on track

Thanks, I've asked so many people on this site and they cant answer that question lol.

Essentially once I recieve a verbal offer I can enter clearing and then all sorted?? Ofc I'll do accommodation and sfe later :tongue:
Thanks, I've asked so many people on this site and they cant answer that question lol.

Essentially once I recieve a verbal offer I can enter clearing and then all sorted?? Ofc I'll do accommodation and sfe later :tongue:

yes , you'd have to put yourself in clearing that put the offer in but be prepared some unis will say they won't speak to you without having your clearing number.
Reply 6
yes , you'd have to put yourself in clearing that put the offer in but be prepared some unis will say they won't speak to you without having your clearing number.

Cant I just recieve my verbal offer then get my clearing number because I dont want to risk entering clearing with my unconditional and then they dont give me a verbal offer after all that effort!!
Cant I just recieve my verbal offer then get my clearing number because I dont want to risk entering clearing with my unconditional and then they dont give me a verbal offer after all that effort!!

you can try but not everywhere would be okay with it. you can use the clearing search to see what there is before making any decisions.
Reply 8
you can try but not everywhere would be okay with it. you can use the clearing search to see what there is before making any decisions.

Thank you! Yeah I will try because the uni of my preference isnt Russel group nor is it prestigious so I doubt they'll be strict.

Thanks a lot for your kind wisdom :biggrin:
Thank you! Yeah I will try because the uni of my preference isnt Russel group nor is it prestigious so I doubt they'll be strict.

Thanks a lot for your kind wisdom :biggrin:

glad to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest