The Student Room Group

Funding for travel

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone has any tips about saving money when travelling in and out of London. I’m starting a part time postgraduate at Westminster University, and will need to be travelling into central London most days for work/university. I’ve had a look at the prices for travel cards and they are around £2000 a year, which I wouldn’t be able to afford on a part-time salary. Bus travel is a lot more reasonably priced, but it would be a 3 hour trip each day from my house in to central London.
If anyone knows any tips, let me know!
Original post by Hbateman1
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone has any tips about saving money when travelling in and out of London. I’m starting a part time postgraduate at Westminster University, and will need to be travelling into central London most days for work/university. I’ve had a look at the prices for travel cards and they are around £2000 a year, which I wouldn’t be able to afford on a part-time salary. Bus travel is a lot more reasonably priced, but it would be a 3 hour trip each day from my house in to central London.

is it too far/ dangerous to cycle part of the way?
Original post by claireestelle
is it too far/ dangerous to cycle part of the way?

Hi there

You don't mention which part of London you'll be living in. Please check out the Transport for London (TFL) cycle lanes and cycle super highways where you can find details of all routes:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/routes-and-maps

I work with many colleagues who cycle in and out of Westminster every day. They save money on travel costs and enjoy the journey. However London is a busy city for traffic. Make sure you always wear a helmet and be vigilant of pedestrians and other road traffic when cycling.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

You don't mention which part of London you'll be living in. Please check out the Transport for London (TFL) cycle lanes and cycle super highways where you can find details of all routes:

I work with many colleagues who cycle in and out of Westminster every day. They save money on travel costs and enjoy the journey. However London is a busy city for traffic. Make sure you always wear a helmet and be vigilant of pedestrians and other road traffic when cycling.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Hello Kim, you ve tagged me instead of the original poster.
Original post by Hbateman1
Hi!

Hi there

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending