The Student Room Group

Going full-time college and also doing an apprenticeship?

So, just before my first year at college ended, professional cookery course. I gotten a job but it is an apprenticeship and I'm earning 3.90 an hour which I am not happy with !!

Anyway, I go back to college for my 2nd year soon but I will still have this job. Is this legal? I have been working non stop over the summer doing over 43 hours each week and doing everything else as everyone but I'm earning 3.90!!!

Someone explain this please? I'm 19
Original post by Dariuszz
So, just before my first year at college ended, professional cookery course. I gotten a job but it is an apprenticeship and I'm earning 3.90 an hour which I am not happy with !!

Anyway, I go back to college for my 2nd year soon but I will still have this job. Is this legal? I have been working non stop over the summer doing over 43 hours each week and doing everything else as everyone but I'm earning 3.90!!!

Someone explain this please? I'm 19

it's legal but it's not advisable as it breaks the working time directive, if you're unhappy with the pay and can't see a good reason to carry on with the apprenticeship i'd get a part time job elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending