The Student Room Group

Having trouble finding my flatmates.

I am studying at Wrexham Glyndwr in September and got allocated my flat and room etc. So then I went looking for other people who are gonna be in my flat so I could reach out to them and maybe break the ice a bit, but I am having trouble finding anyone or really how to go about finding them. Of course I’m a bit nervous and anxious because you’re gonna be spending a pretty significant amount of time with these people, so I want to set off on the right foot.
Original post by Flyinglawngnome
I am studying at Wrexham Glyndwr in September and got allocated my flat and room etc. So then I went looking for other people who are gonna be in my flat so I could reach out to them and maybe break the ice a bit, but I am having trouble finding anyone or really how to go about finding them. Of course I’m a bit nervous and anxious because you’re gonna be spending a pretty significant amount of time with these people, so I want to set off on the right foot.

check for facebook groups for the accomodation

Consider yourself somewhat lucky to have sorted your accommodation our already let alone find your flatmates! We don't get to know our flatmates until a couple of days before we move in. We do have a whole Freshers and Returners chat though. I'm sure there are some Facebook groups for you somewhere.

Sometimes, you can find people on accommodation groups for your uni, but a lot of people also don't like to give out really specific information (like their address) to strangers online.

It's very normal not to know your flatmates before you move in, and stalking people online trying to figure out if they're you're flatmates or not probably isn't the best way to make a first impression.

When you move in, just be pleasant and friendly, keep your door open and say hi to people! Spend time in social areas of the flat, and you'll soon get to know each other!

When I stayed in halls, I found it almost impossible to find anyone in my flat on any social media before arriving. I only found one other person on a dedicated accommodation Facebook group, and even then they only came out of the woodwork about 2 or 3 weeks before we were due to move in. Meeting people in person is always better in my opinion anyway.
(edited 4 years ago)
A lot of people don't find out at this point, so it might be a waiting game.
Check the Facebook for groups as already mentioned, just type in your accommodation name.

I had no idea about my flatmates before I moved in, met them all there and then. Worked out just fine. It's tense and anxiety inducing for a little while, but it'll be alright.

P.s. get there first! You can take all the good shelves and slots. :wink:
Joshua
Hi,
You will have lots of opportunity to meet the others in your halls when you get here, the Student Union have arranged a full week of fun and icebreakers for the freshers week. You will be fine here we really are one big happy family, so friendly and the Uni has an overall positive feel to it.
Enjoy the summer and we will look forward to seeing you in September!!
Hi hope you are looking forward to starting! We have Facebook groups for you to hopefully get to know your flat mates:

Wrexham Village - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1631944876935637/

Corbishley Hall - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2447300905515978/

All the best!
(edited 4 years ago)
Are you staying at Wrexham Village?
Hi! If anyone is looking for last minute accommodation then we've got a great offer running for our Wrexham property where you can get £300 off your rent for booking with us!

Feel free to check out our website for more info: https://www.studentroost.co.uk/accommodation/wrexham/snowdon-hall
Hi I’ve requested to join the wrexham village group but no one has accepted me into it?

Quick Reply

Latest