The Student Room Group

*** smell on ****

Why does my **** smell like ***?!

Masturbate regularly, wash outside **** in shower daily with soap and water. Don’t think I have any smegma....

Thoughts....?
Original post by Anonymous

Masturbate regularly, wash outside **** in shower daily with soap and water. Don’t think I have any smegma....

Thoughts....?

Do you wash under the foreskin?
Reply 2
Do you wash under the foreskin?

No never been shown how to, and the idea of it sounds painful.

Don’t think there’s any smegma tho

Thoughts....?

Speak to your GP.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Speak to your GP.

How do you even go about bringing up something like that with your GP?
How do you even go about bringing up something like that with your GP?

You say you have an issue and then you describe the issue. Same as you would with any other problem.
Reply 6
You say you have an issue and then you describe the issue. Same as you would with any other problem.

Ok. It’s just quite embarrassing to bring up...
Ok. It’s just quite embarrassing to bring up...

Doctors see everything, quite literally. They won't be phased by it. They probably see a few penises, bums, boobs and other fleshy bits in a day. Don't be embarrassed. It's purely anatomical to them.
Reply 8
Doctors see everything, quite literally. They won't be phased by it. They probably see a few penises, bums, boobs and other fleshy bits in a day. Don't be embarrassed. It's purely anatomical to them.

Thanks for the advice 👍🏼
Thanks for the advice 👍🏼

No problem, hope it gets sorted :smile:
No never been shown how to, and the idea of it sounds painful.

Don’t think there’s any smegma tho

It might be easier to try in a warm bath. Using very mild soap you need to pull your foreskin back fully exposing the head of the penis completely - it will go back like a turtle neck jumper. It is normal to have a band on the underside of your penis so it won't be back equally.

You need to do this everyday in the shower. If you've not done it before it might be uncomfortable to start with and sore, but that will improve with regular hygiene.

Pull the foreskin back into place afterwards.

A vagina is self cleaning, a penis needs looking after!

I don't think this is a GP issue, just yet.
It might be easier to try in a warm bath. Using very mild soap you need to pull your foreskin back fully exposing the head of the penis completely - it will go back like a turtle neck jumper. It is normal to have a band on the underside of your penis so it won't be back equally.

You need to do this everyday in the shower. If you've not done it before it might be uncomfortable to start with and sore, but that will improve with regular hygiene.

Pull the foreskin back into place afterwards.

A vagina is self cleaning, a penis needs looking after!

I don't think this is a GP issue, just yet.

Thank you for the advice.

I’ll give it a try, is it easier to do when erect?

When I’ve tried before, I end up stopping because I feel like I’m about to do more harm than good...
Much easier when not erect. As relaxed as possible.

If you've not done it before it may feel uncomfortable and tight. Things may be sore because there WILL be some white smegma trapped in there. I'm sure that is the source of the smell. You just kind of roll things back. Some people's are tighter than others. If you really can't roll it back then you need a trip to the doctors.
Much easier when not erect. As relaxed as possible.

If you've not done it before it may feel uncomfortable and tight. Things may be sore because there WILL be some white smegma trapped in there. I'm sure that is the source of the smell. You just kind of roll things back. Some people's are tighter than others. If you really can't roll it back then you need a trip to the doctors.

Thanks for the guidance
You want to retract your foreskin and wash as you normally would wash your penis, everyday or so.

If you've never done this you will likely absolutely have a build up of smegma, which could be the cause of the smell. If you've engaged in sexual activity and have no other symptoms then this is highly likely.

It will be very sensitive at first and make take practice learning how to retract yourself. Be slow and gentle and listen to your body. once retracted it should naturally sit behind the head of your penis. Gently using your finger you should be able to remove any detritus.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JTfoxlove
You want to retract your foreskin and wash as you normally would wash your penis, everyday or so.

If you've never done this you will likely absolutely have a build up of smegma, which could be the cause of the smell. If you've engaged in sexual activity and have no other symptoms then this is highly likely.

It will be very sensitive at first and make take practice learning how to retract yourself. Be slow and gentle and listen to your body. once retracted it should naturally sit behind the head of your penis. Gently using your finger you should be able to remove any detritus.

Thank you

I tried this morning but couldn’t manage to do it...
Sounds like it does not practice as you mentioned

Quick Reply

Latest