The Student Room Group

Brown blood

so basically for 3 days now I have been getting tiny amounts of brown blood coming out of my vag and I'm meant to start my period in 2 weeks. I'm 15 and a virgin and haven't been fingered or anything like that. so idk if it may be just blood before getting my period or something else. and I don't exactly want to tell my mum because a few days ago Iiterally told her that ive been seeing this boy so she might think I did stuff which I haven't
Reply 1
Original post by anonymous012890
so basically for 3 days now I have been getting tiny amounts of brown blood coming out of my vag and I'm meant to start my period in 2 weeks. I'm 15 and a virgin and haven't been fingered or anything like that. so idk if it may be just blood before getting my period or something else. and I don't exactly want to tell my mum because a few days ago Iiterally told her that ive been seeing this boy so she might think I did stuff which I haven't

How are you washing yourself?
Original post by Tootles
How are you washing yourself?

I shower everyday as usual and just with water down there but recently I have started using this thing called femfresh which i only use sometimes
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I shower everyday as usual and just with water down there but recently I have started using this thing called femfresh which i only use sometimes

First off, is it designed for use down there? Rule 1 in personal hygeine is only water goes down there.

Second, has anything like it happened before?
Original post by Tootles
First off, is it designed for use down there? Rule 1 in personal hygeine is only water goes down there.

Second, has anything like it happened before?

yes it's designed to use down there and no this has never happened before
It may be spotting. I had something similar for a month and in the end saw my doctor. They’ll probably prescribe you on the contraceptive pill if you’re periods aren’t regular. If it continues for a week book an appointment
Original post by Anonymous
It may be spotting. I had something similar for a month and in the end saw my doctor. They’ll probably prescribe you on the contraceptive pill if you’re periods aren’t regular. If it continues for a week book an appointment

yeah I've had my period now for nearly 3 years and I've never had this so if it doesn't stop I'll make sure to go to the doctors
Reply 7
This is absolutely entirely normal! It’s common to experience small amounts of blood just before or just after your main period (called ‘spotting’), and this can change in colour throughout your cycle, often going from a brownish colour to a brighter more vivid red as your period begins. Sexual activity has no bearing on the colour or intensity of your period, so you’ve nothing to worry about there. Keep doing what you’re doing with regards to hygiene (as another reply said, it’s best to keep scented wash products to a minimum on your vagina as this can throw off the delicate pH balance down there and lead to discomfort) and you’ll be absolutely fine. It’s helpful to keep track of your cycle just so you can spot any irregularities and report any extensive unexpected bleeding to your GP, but this sounds like totally normal spotting. The link below has some pretty useful info on the subject:https://www.always.co.uk/en-gb/tips-and-advice-for-women/vaginal-discharge-and-panty-liners/brown-dischargeHope this helps! :smile:X
Original post by Embris
This is absolutely entirely normal! It’s common to experience small amounts of blood just before or just after your main period (called ‘spotting’), and this can change in colour throughout your cycle, often going from a brownish colour to a brighter more vivid red as your period begins. Sexual activity has no bearing on the colour or intensity of your period, so you’ve nothing to worry about there. Keep doing what you’re doing with regards to hygiene (as another reply said, it’s best to keep scented wash products to a minimum on your vagina as this can throw off the delicate pH balance down there and lead to discomfort) and you’ll be absolutely fine. It’s helpful to keep track of your cycle just so you can spot any irregularities and report any extensive unexpected bleeding to your GP, but this sounds like totally normal spotting. The link below has some pretty useful info on the subject:https://www.always.co.uk/en-gb/tips-and-advice-for-women/vaginal-discharge-and-panty-liners/brown-dischargeHope this helps! :smile:X

thank you so much! this has sure made me feel less worried x

Quick Reply

Latest