The Student Room Group

Confused! Is a grade D a pass or fail in Highers???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thought I would clear this up once and for all. D is a pass at higher. N/A means you have not been awarded the higher.please see this from the SQA webpage.....

Candidates are awarded National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher Courses at grades A, B, C and D. This grade appears on their Scottish Qualifications Certificate.

Grade D, like grades A to C, is reported on the Scottish Qualifications Certificate as a Course award and attracts both UCAS points and SCQF points. Grade D indicates that the candidate has achieved all the National Units for the Course at that level and has achieved a band 7 in the external assessment - this equates to getting between 45-49% in the Course assessment for Advanced Higher, or between 40-49% in the Course assessment for Higher and National 5.

Candidates who score less than 45% in the Course assessment for Advanced Higher (or less than 40% for Higher and National 5) receive a 'No Award' result, and are not awarded the National Course.
(edited 4 years ago)
My daughter got a D but was awarded 24 points the same as her Cs so I’m really confused- can anyone shed some light ? Thanks
Original post by Kimbo2019D
My daughter got a D but was awarded 24 points the same as her Cs so I’m really confused- can anyone shed some light ? Thanks

A D is a course award, which is why she has gained 24 points at SCQF level 6- the number of points you get isn't affected by the grade A-D, so an A will still get you 24 SCQF points. These don't really mean a lot though- they're just a way of comparing the level/amount of work required for different qualifications.
Original post by debbiedear
Find everything else you need around your SQA results here.

Confirmation from @mysqa summer 2017:

some say yes its an award and a pass, some say its an award but not a pass, sqa website says it is recognition of doing the course and college say its a fail?! does anyone actually know if it is a pass/award? and if its a pass then does that mean i can tell the tutor at my interview for HNC that i have a higher? thanks x

its considered a pass, not a good one but still a pass. i dont consider it something to brag about but i put it on my notes etc because it still means i got the award. it shows that you can pass it but maybe not to the levels others can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending