The Student Room Group

GCSEs 2020

Scroll to see replies

hey i saw that you did really well in your English lit and lang. Any good revision tips. Im in y10 going into y11 in September ad i slacked and flopped the whole of year 10
Use the best revision tips. I mean the ABSOLUTE BEST. Hope thats helps
Original post by Granolakiddo
omg I got a question, so I like science a lot and I am very interested in forensics but also criminology, was subjects would you suggest me taking in college
Thanks xx

I would recommend doing biology, chemistry and maybe history so you could choose to do either career at the end of a levels, this will leave your options open so you don’t have to make your choice now, obviously this is just a suggestion, take whichever a levels you want 😊
Reply 83
I’m also gonna try making notes before September for year 10. How far has everyone got in notemaking?
Original post by epicnm
I’m also gonna try making notes before September for year 10. How far has everyone got in notemaking?

I’ve not done Much, I’ve done most of my science ones but haven’t done any for any of my other subjects so I still have a lot to do, how much have you done ??
Original post by Granolakiddo
I have made science note throughout the year and for the rest I made flashcards and I have LOADS of summer homework, and I just finished Re and almost Geography for science I am just doing 2 tests on all the topics and marking them then I can do what I found hard. xx

I use flashcards for like equations and that, but I want to start using them to like remember facts but idk how to do that do you have any tips xx
Reply 86
Original post by Emily~3695
I’ve not done Much, I’ve done most of my science ones but haven’t done any for any of my other subjects so I still have a lot to do, how much have you done ??

I really haven’t done too much, just a few for each subject. But I’m gonna really start hard from tomorrow
Remember do the best subj3cts al2ays remmeber 4his and tou will alyways be th3 best. To.mirrow is th3 best
Original post by Elle.c
Hi! so I decided to create this for those who begin year 11 in September and do their exams in 2020. You can share your worries, advice, revision tips, any work questions you are stuck with and the rest....

i havent done my mocks yet but i want to get

english lit - 9
english lang - 9
maths - 7 (i think i may be that cause i have a maths tutor now so ive improved loads over summer)
physics - 4/5
chem - 6/7
bio - 7
geog - 7
german -7
latin lit- 7
latin lang - 8
re - 8

im hella scared for gcses cause i kinda put myself under A LOT of pressure n tbh i just wanna do well to make the parents proud (theyve spent loads on my education)
Original post by epicnm

ive been translating a latin story a day for latin, and i have had maths tutor for two hours everyday (mon-fri) umm as for other things nothing much, i need to redo my narrative coursework and start relearning physics cause all through year ten i never paid attention
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
ive been translating a latin story a day for latin, and i have had maths tutor for two hours everyday (mon-fri) umm as for other things nothing much, i need to redo my narrative coursework and start relearning physics cause all through year ten i never paid attention

Are you going to go into year 10 or yeat 11?
Ill stop trolling now btw
Reply 92

Cool, I’m gonna start translating a french short story book that arrived in the post yesterday and hope to finish the stories by the end of summer to start Volume 2 in September! Is the maths tutor helping you?
Original post by epicnm

A few maths qs a day, and have started all notes, nearly finished the Sciences and English
Reply 94
Original post by neurosurgically
Hi! I'm most worried about going into Year 11 unprepared, but I'm trying to recap all of my Year 10 content before summer ends.
Has anyone got any tips for French GCSE?? (the only one I don't really know how to revise)
{for context, here are my first set of year 10 mock results}
Biology- 8
Chemistry- 8
English Lit- 7
English Lang- 8
French- 7
Geography- 7
History- 9
Physics- 7
RS- 9

For french, I’m using my old ks3 french textbook to go over that vocabulary I’ve forgotten because it seems to find a way to crawl back into the reading paper. Also I’m doing some extra reading around my topics, e.g for Technology, I’m finding french vocabulary for smart homes, artificial intelligence, programming, computing parts just to help a bit more and give me more word choice. I’m also relearning all the grammar concepts so in Year 11 I can just focus on applying it all. Also buy the CGP textbook and practice guide, especially for grammar as it really helps.
Reply 95
Forgot to mention earlier, my end of year 10 mocks:
Bio-7
Chem-7
Physics-8
English Lang-9
English Lit-8
History-7
Maths-8
French-6(for reading, but higher for writing/speaking)
RE-5(Didn’t revise at all but if I did I’d probably get an 8)

What id like to get
Bio-9
Chem-8
Physics-9
English lang-9/8
English Lit-8
History-7
Maths-8
French-7
RE-8
Why does everyone do 9 gcses we need to do 11!!!!!!
Original post by prasad112
Remember do the best subj3cts al2ays remmeber 4his and tou will alyways be th3 best. To.mirrow is th3 best

:teehee:
Original post by epicnm
Cool, I’m gonna start translating a french short story book that arrived in the post yesterday and hope to finish the stories by the end of summer to start Volume 2 in September! Is the maths tutor helping you?

the maths tutor is helping me immensely like i was at like a grade 3/4 (dont listen in class) but i feel like now i can safely say im at a grade 7, what i love is that he is teaching me stuff we havent learnt at school like sine and cosine rule n completing the square
the maths tutor is helping me immensely like i was at like a grade 3/4 (dont listen in class) but i feel like now i can safely say im at a grade 7, what i love is that he is teaching me stuff we havent learnt at school like sine and cosine rule n completing the square

Do you wanna be study buddies? Im predicted a grade 9 in math and probably gonna do the further math certificate. I could probably help you with specific questions anf show you the most efficient ways of solving them :smile:) it can be really beneficial to know several ways to solve one problem:smile: :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest