The Student Room Group

Feeling quite upset because I've tested myself and got a really bad grade on it.

I am studying BTEC Computing level 2 I've tested myself and got 22/50 but Idk how I can improve? The only resources I got is Revision guide and Revision Workbook.

I find the 4 marks and 8 mark question is really catching me out :frown:
Could you give an example of an 8 mark question and a mark scheme for it if you have one? That might help to give better advice.
Reply 2
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Could you give an example of an 8 mark question and a mark scheme for it if you have one? That might help to give better advice.

This is the question of the 8 mark and en the mark schedule for 8 mark question
Original post by BizzFrog22
This is the question of the 8 mark and en the mark schedule for 8 mark question

For an 8 mark question you should make at least 4 points and explain them. They should consider different sides of the situation and be relevant to the scenario given.
Reply 4
So would it be okay to just keep practicing the past paper until I get it all right
So would it be okay to just keep practicing the past paper until I get it all right

It would be best to make sure you understand what kind of answer they want for each type of question, so look at the mark schemes to figure this out.
Reply 6
Original post by morningstar461
It would be best to make sure you understand what kind of answer they want for each type of question, so look at the mark schemes to figure this out.

Can I use the past paper and mark schemes together to revise the answers and en test myself without the mark schemes
(edited 4 years ago)
Can I use the past paper and mark schemes together to revise the answers and en test myself without the mark schemes

You could do. What I would do, if you have multiple past papers, is compare the questions and mark scheme on one paper to get an idea of what the examiners want and then try one of the other papers, referring back to the first one if needed to make sure you're including everything.
Reply 8
So find common questions is it and revise them?
So find common questions is it and revise them?

No, use a mark scheme to see what each question type wants (for example: what I said above for an 8 mark) and use this to answer questions on another paper. Not so much looking at specific answers as what general *type* of answer (structure, number of points you need to make) is needed for each question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending