The Student Room Group

Suggest a career

I don’t cope well when under stress or exams. Can someone please help me by suggesting some good careers I could look into.
My interests are: animals, art, helping the elderly and cooking/baking.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What qualifications do you have at the moment/ are you taking at the moment? What grades?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
What qualifications do you have at the moment/ are you taking at the moment? What grades?

GCSE: A*A*A* AAAAAAAA B

A-levels: ABC
Reply 3
Sorry

I didn’t think into the career too much. It all seemed a dream which will never become a reality.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Lostx
GCSE: A*A*A* AAAAAAAA B

A-levels: ABC

Cool - you have loads of options.How much do you struggle with exams? Is it something you have sought help with? Its always best to try to overcome problems first - and if it doesn't work look for other options. What were your A levels in?

Maybe consider doing a cooking course and earning some money while you discover what suits you? I guess phsiotherapy/ radiography might be interesting to investigate further?
Reply 5
I was under the illusion that there were not many exams once qualified (by qualified i mean consultant level).

I am aware that there are numerous exams at university. As a consequence i have stopped pursuing a career as a doctor.

I think I would prefer to live in the Amazon Rainforest in a little hut:h:
Various zoology related careers and career paths as well as social care
Reply 7
I have volunteered in a residential home, which I loved. Would love to cook but working in kitchens is very stressful too. Have considered working in a zoo and have been playing with the idea of becoming a veterinary nurse. However, I am not certain with the number of exams for this.
Reply 8
Original post by ajj2000
Cool - you have loads of options.How much do you struggle with exams? Is it something you have sought help with? Its always best to try to overcome problems first - and if it doesn't work look for other options. What were your A levels in?

Maybe consider doing a cooking course and earning some money while you discover what suits you? I guess phsiotherapy/ radiography might be interesting to investigate further?

My A-levels were in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Maybe, although i don’t fancy looking at screens all day, I will look into physiotherapy.
Reply 9
Original post by Lostx
My A-levels were in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Maybe, although i don’t fancy looking at screens all day, I will look into physiotherapy.

You have lot of choices. Podiatry?
if you don’t cope well during exams you could try a BTEC, they have animal care and medical science so you could be a doctor through that or work with animals, or do health and social care
This sounds random but maybe a nurse vet or someone who works in a retirement home or even just a nurse.
Original post by Lostx
I don’t cope well when under stress or exams. Can someone please help me by suggesting some good careers I could look into.
My interests are: animals, art, helping the elderly and cooking/baking.

art therapist?

marketing?

working at a mobility startup?
You can even be a designer or engineer for elder people chairs and products or like create animal products for people to use on their pets. Are you creative in terms of manufacturing products either way if you are passionate about helping them and you are a creative person then this job might be for you. 😊
Reply 14
Maybe I should face paint the elderly in a residential home with an animal theme, and bake pretty cupcakes to pass the time.

At least this way all the career attributes are met.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
I advised you to help suicidal girls as career via PM
Have you read it?
Reply 16
Original post by Iamthebesr
You can even be a designer or engineer for elder people chairs and products or like create animal products for people to use on their pets. Are you creative in terms of manufacturing products either way if you are passionate about helping them and you are a creative person then this job might be for you. 😊

That does sound like a good career, but I prefer to see the people I am helping. I like to talk them.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by ajj2000
You have lot of choices. Podiatry?

I couldn’t think of anything worse.’
Touching smelly sweaty feet all day does not appeal to me.
Being a carer can be very stressful unless you work somewhere where the service users are mostly independent- I don’t think that’s a good path to suggest if you want a stress free job
Reply 19
Original post by Iamthebesr
This sounds random but maybe a nurse vet or someone who works in a retirement home or even just a nurse.

Great ideas👍 All of those are good careers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending