The Student Room Group

Sent ID to Facebook now I regret it HELP!

My Facebook account got disabled because I wouldn't give them a picture to verify my account. I've sent them a picture of my student ID card because anything else is too personal and I could get my identity stolen or something. I regret it now, what if it was a scam. Is it legit? Is Facebook asking for ID now?
Original post by Anonymous
My Facebook account got disabled because I wouldn't give them a picture to verify my account. I've sent them a picture of my student ID card because anything else is too personal and I could get my identity stolen or something. I regret it now, what if it was a scam. Is it legit? Is Facebook asking for ID now?

Just email them requesting them to not keep any of your details or photos (including your ID pic) data protection laws have come along way and now side with consumer on things like this
Reply 2

They will remove it after a year (or 30 days if you un-check the box).
Reply 3
Original post by mnot
Just email them requesting them to not keep any of your details or photos (including your ID pic) data protection laws have come along way and now side with consumer on things like this

There is no email to contact them. Do you think a student ID card is acceptable or will they ask for official documents like passport/birth certificate?
Reply 4
Original post by Strelzo
They will remove it after a year (or 30 days if you un-check the box).

I'll do that if they give me my account back. I hope they accept the student ID.
Reply 5
I'll do that if they give me my account back. I hope they accept the student ID.

When you submit the ID, there is an option to delete it even if you don't have access to the account.
Reply 6
Original post by Strelzo
When you submit the ID, there is an option to delete it even if you don't have access to the account.

There wasn't an option like that when I submitted the ID
Reply 7
There wasn't an option like that when I submitted the ID

I can guarantee you there is, I don't know exactly where because I can't navigate to the page since I'm not submitting ID, but I definitely done it when submitting mines.

It took me to a separate page once I clicked on it.
Reply 8
Original post by Strelzo
I can guarantee you there is, I don't know exactly where because I can't navigate to the page since I'm not submitting ID, but I definitely done it when submitting mines.

It took me to a separate page once I clicked on it.

It didn't show up for me, I submitted the ID and then it said thank you if we need more information we'll be in contact and then that was it. I know what you're talking about, you can change the settings for them to delete after 30 days if you don't want them to keep it for a year but it won't let me change those settings because of my account being disabled. I think I can only change it once they give me my account back, your account wasn't disabled probably that's why it took you to another page.
Reply 9
It didn't show up for me, I submitted the ID and then it said thank you if we need more information we'll be in contact and then that was it. I know what you're talking about, you can change the settings for them to delete after 30 days if you don't want them to keep it for a year but it won't let me change those settings because of my account being disabled. I think I can only change it once they give me my account back, your account wasn't disabled probably that's why it took you to another page.

Trust me, I had to submit my ID into Facebook about 1 month ago when I was recovering a 4 year old account (that I didn't even know I had) and there was an option to do so. If I had to submit my ID again, I would be able to tell you where it is, but I have no way of doing so because I don't need to submit ID. There might be a YouTube video directing you to it?

I must point out that it wasn't in a blatantly obvious position; so you may not have noticed it (I didn't even realise it was there until I came across it).
Original post by Strelzo
Trust me, I had to submit my ID into Facebook about 1 month ago when I was recovering a 4 year old account (that I didn't even know I had) and there was an option to do so. If I had to submit my ID again, I would be able to tell you where it is, but I have no way of doing so because I don't need to submit ID. There might be a YouTube video directing you to it?

I must point out that it wasn't in a blatantly obvious position; so you may not have noticed it (I didn't even realise it was there until I came across it).

Ok, I'll have a look on YouTube. Did you get your account back?
Ok, I'll have a look on YouTube. Did you get your account back?

Yeh, I got it back the day after I submitted my ID.
Original post by Strelzo
Yeh, I got it back the day after I submitted my ID.

That's good, I submitted my ID yesterday but I haven't heard anything. My account is still disabled.
That's good, I submitted my ID yesterday but I haven't heard anything. My account is still disabled.

Usually takes one day or two.

You''l get an email from someone called "Bella Chase" I believe.
I hope so. I don't want to lose my account.
I hope so. I don't want to lose my account.

As long as they can verify your identity, you will get it back.

Quick Reply