The Student Room Group

Declaration Form

Hello,

I applied for a tuition loan (no maintenance fee applied for) on the 3rd of August 2019 and recieved an entitlement letter, with the payment schedules on it, on the 9th of August. However I did not receive a 'Declaration form' and I have read many articles implying that it is necessary to sign this document to receive any funding. Additionally, I am not given any option when signed into my account on the SFE website to sign a declaration form digitally, or to even print one out. The only thing I can see that might have some relevance to a declaration form is the 'Student finance terms and conditions (PDF)', though there is no indication on this document that a signiture is required.

Do I have to wait for the status of my loan on the SFE website to show 'Approved' rather than 'Payments scheduled' as it currently is before I receive or unlock the option to sign a declaration form? Or has SFE made an error in not attaching a declaration form to my entitlement letter?

Any advice would be appreciated.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
you have to wait until you have registered at the uni in septembèr, then you will able to sign the declaration form
Reply 2
Original post by Cazemma
you have to wait until you have registered at the uni in septembèr, then you will able to sign the declaration form

Thanks for the reply. The problem though is that I am studying with the Open University and won't be attending a physical campus. I have enrolled in my course online and as far as I can see all I'm waiting for is the full approval of the loan until the enrolment process is complete. I'm assuming the OU manage things differently to "brick universities" but in what ways I'm unsure. I don't know if the OU and SFE have everything they need from me now and can resolve it without any more of my input or if I need to send something else to satisfy all requirements. It doesn't seem to be clearly explained anywhere.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
ah sounds like a bit of a nightmare! you may be best contacting the admin team at the ou, I'm sure they will know how it all works, and they probably easier to get hold of than the SFE
Reply 4
Original post by Cazemma
ah sounds like a bit of a nightmare! you may be best contacting the admin team at the ou, I'm sure they will know how it all works, and they probably easier to get hold of than the SFE

It's causing me some concern that's for sure but I think I'll get it sorted eventually. I'll give the OU a call tomorrow and hopefully they'll have some answers. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest