The Student Room Group

i feel so alone who can i speak to?!

I feel so alone, i'm 24 years old and a virgin, my friend was in the same boat but recently lost it to some guy from the club, i can't help but feel like ever since then she's just acting different or just feels distant, like she never really tells me much anymore. I just feel alone because i feel like i have noone to talk to about feeling like i'll meet noone or just feeling lonely as i don't want to lose it to a stranger, better for me a friend or someone who finds a genuine interest in my personality, i know that sounds sad but it's just what I want.

i was surprised with my friend because she had maybe the same opinion but also she's very limited to who she can end up with, because of her parents religion/views or so she says, but now i feel like she's just sleeping around with anyone that calls her pretty, it's her prerogative but idk if this is what she actually wants to do.

idk i feel lonely because i have noone to speak to, my other friend doesn't feel like she really cares. I sometimes feel soo down to the point i don't want to meet up with any of my friends because it's draining hearing them speak about random guys or horrible guys that don't treat them right. sometimes i wish i really didn't exist.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There isn't a certain age someone must lose their virginity by. Losing your virginity is a very personal experience and it happens at different times for all of us, whether you lose it at 17 or 25. I know it's easy to feel pressured if you're the last of your friends to lose it but honestly, it's not a big deal. It will happen when the time is right for you. There is nothing wrong with you so please don't feel like there is. It's far better to lose it to someone who has a genuine interest as you said, it's better for you emotionally so be patient and when it does happen, you'll be glad you waited.

As for your friend, leave her to it, if she wants to sleep around it's her choice as you said. There isn't much you can do about that. If you feel as if she's acting different since losing her virginity perhaps steer clear of sex as a conversation topic when you're with her? It does sound a little juvenile that she's acting cold and distant - sorry if that sounds mean I've just always associated that type of behavior with high schoolers or something.

Have you considered counseling maybe? You should never have to feel alone or perhaps try being honest and upfront with how you're feeling to your friends. I know it's hard but honesty is the best policy. Knowing where you all stand with each other is the best way to move forward. Sorry I can't give the best advice but I hope this helps a little.
I hope you are able to find some peace soon
xxx
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I feel so alone, i'm 24 years old and a virgin, my friend was in the same boat but recently lost it to some guy from the club, i can't help but feel like ever since then she's just acting different or just feels distant, like she never really tells me much anymore. I just feel alone because i feel like i have noone to talk to about feeling like i'll meet noone or just feeling lonely as i don't want to lose it to a stranger, better for me a friend or someone who finds a genuine interest in my personality, i know that sounds sad but it's just what I want.

i was surprised with my friend because she had maybe the same opinion but also she's very limited to who she can end up with, because of her parents religion/views or so she says, but now i feel like she's just sleeping around with anyone that calls her pretty, it's her prerogative but idk if this is what she actually wants to do.

idk i feel lonely because i have noone to speak to, my other friend doesn't feel like she really cares. I sometimes feel soo down to the point i don't want to meet up with any of my friends because it's draining hearing them speak about random guys or horrible guys that don't treat them right. sometimes i wish i really didn't exist.

Where are you at with your life right now? Do you really feel that sex will add meaning and value to your life? If all your friends can speak about is guys and intimacy then they're obviously quite shallow people, so I'm not surprised you can't speak to them. You probably need new friends. Friends who don't fixate their life on simply carnal desires

Feel free to DM me. You can vent your heart out if you wish.
Reply 3
Original post by sofia124
There isn't a certain age someone must lose their virginity by. Losing your virginity is a very personal experience and it happens at different times for all of us, whether you lose it at 17 or 25. I know it's easy to feel pressured if you're the last of your friends to lose it but honestly, it's not a big deal. It will happen when the time is right for you. There is nothing wrong with you so please don't feel like there is. It's far better to lose it to someone who has a genuine interest as you said, it's better for you emotionally so be patient and when it does happen, you'll be glad you waited.

As for your friend, leave her to it, if she wants to sleep around it's her choice as you said. There isn't much you can do about that. If you feel as if she's acting different since losing her virginity perhaps steer clear of sex as a conversation topic when you're with her? It does sound a little juvenile that she's acting cold and distant - sorry if that sounds mean I've just always associated that type of behavior with high schoolers or something.

Have you considered counseling maybe? You should never have to feel alone or perhaps try being honest and upfront with how you're feeling to your friends. I know it's hard but honesty is the best policy. Knowing where you all stand with each other is the best way to move forward. Sorry I can't give the best advice but I hope this helps a little.
I hope you are able to find some peace soon
xxx

Thanks i guess uou're right, i've got to leave her to it, i hope so too, i've been feeling like this for ages
Reply 4
Original post by HGS345
Where are you at with your life right now? Do you really feel that sex will add meaning and value to your life? If all your friends can speak about is guys and intimacy then they're obviously quite shallow people, so I'm not surprised you can't speak to them. You probably need new friends. Friends who don't fixate their life on simply carnal desires

Feel free to DM me. You can vent your heart out if you wish.

i would like to DM you jf you're still available
Reply 5
i would like to DM you jf you're still available

Go ahead. My inbox is always open.
Reply 6
Original post by HGS345
Go ahead. My inbox is always open.

Hmm i'm struggling on the mobile app
Reply 7
Hmm i'm struggling on the mobile app

Do you have a laptop? Try going through the internet rather than the app.
The fact that being a virgin makes you upset means you're not mature and you should speak to cousins or family because they're youre true friends
Reply 9
Original post by TheYearNiner
The fact that being a virgin makes you upset means you're not mature and you should speak to cousins or family because they're youre true friends

i'm not upset because i'm a virgin, i just feel like i have noone to relate to and who won't judge me, my friend is just acting more distant since she lost hers. Idk i feel like i'm embarassed to be a virgin because people will judge
i'm not upset because i'm a virgin, i just feel like i have noone to relate to and who won't judge me, my friend is just acting more distant since she lost hers. Idk i feel like i'm embarassed to be a virgin because people will judge

Oh my bad I thought u were a guy. But same applies to females that virginity shouldn't be treated as a status symbol. And nobody will judge you if you show confidence in your choice to preserve your virginity until later on trust me. Lots of my friends are top shagg ers but I'm not influence by them. And if she doesnt respect u then find someone else because lifes too short
Original post by TheYearNiner
Oh my bad I thought u were a guy. But same applies to females that virginity shouldn't be treated as a status symbol. And nobody will judge you if you show confidence in your choice to preserve your virginity until later on trust me. Lots of my friends are top shagg ers but I'm not influence by them. And if she doesnt respect u then find someone else because lifes too short

The thing is i haven't subconsciously chose to be a virgin, I just am, i could have lost it years ago but this guy was just a douche and it's just i haven't got close to that opportunity again.
The thing is i haven't subconsciously chose to be a virgin, I just am, i could have lost it years ago but this guy was just a douche and it's just i haven't got close to that opportunity again.

Keep ur v card ok snm
Being a virgin is not a big deal. Seriously.

Losing your virginity is the most over hyped thing especially in your head.I am sure this is not why your friend is being distant with you though you are probably acting strangely around her actually.She may be thinking you are judging her.What did you have in common before?You need to develop some new interests ,join a club,do an art class or zumba class so you can talk about other things.Get your mates to go along too.Organise a cinema trip or a show you can all go to.You just need to reconnect with shared experiences .
I don’t think anyone else cares. Do you really want to lose your virginity to some random guy who will treat you like crap? Join Meetup and try new activities or just mix with different types of people because your friendships seem terrible. Find out who you are and build up your confidence bit by bit.

Your virginity doesn’t define you and most people won’t care. Your friends are very immature and view virginity as a 15 year old would. Time to move on.
Original post by Scotney
Losing your virginity is the most over hyped thing especially in your head.I am sure this is not why your friend is being distant with you though you are probably acting strangely around her actually.She may be thinking you are judging her.What did you have in common before?You need to develop some new interests ,join a club,do an art class or zumba class so you can talk about other things.Get your mates to go along too.Organise a cinema trip or a show you can all go to.You just need to reconnect with shared experiences .

Hmm we live cities apart anyway, I just dunno missed how we messaged daily. Maybe you're right it's me
It sounds dumb but: Make new friends

online, offline, wherever. I'm the most introverted and asocial person, yet I have friends online, and I'm in an ldr. Find people you can be brutally honest with and do everything you enjoy with. The internet is a great place, in size and goodness.

And about the virginity thing, ofc you don't want to spend your first experience with someone who doesn't know you, personality and otherwise, and someone you can't trust, it would suck.

It's nbd to be x age and a virgin, honestly the word virgin is rediculous in the first place.

Eventually you'll meet someone - even the weirdest and most odd people do.

If your friend doesn't act like a friend, confront them, if nothing happens, dump them, they don't care so why should you waste your time on them?

Unfortunately, you can't do much to help those who are mistreated to see it.

People do become distant in relationships sometimes because they focus on their S.O. so much, which in hindsight, probably is an indicator that something is wrong.

..but yeah. You have problems, and at least some have solutions, so grab the bull by the horns.

Want a friend? I'm up for befriending strangers
(edited 4 years ago)
I feel like such a bad friend, having these thoughts and now i feel horrible
I wouldn't let sex get in the way of your friendship, are you sure that is the reason she is being distant. maybe try reaching out and asking her why she's being distant as if she's a friend you should be able to do that comfortably. in the meantime someones sex life is not their determining factor and I wouldn't let it define you or your friend. as much as it may be irritating to hear about their boy troubles id try to just join in or maybe tell them that their boyfriends are trash or just change the topic. don't isolate yourself, you will find someone in your own time and it will all work out sooner or later everyone loses their virginity at different ages don't rush anything or let it get to your head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending