The Student Room Group

Brexiteers are hypocrites

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Wired_1800
No offence but the writer of that post is one of the most idiotic persons that I have seen on TSR so far.

So you ordered fish and have been waiting for 3 hours. Whilst you are dying of hunger, the chef has changed two times, staff are fighting amongst themselves and large parts of the restaurant appears to be on FIRE. Yet, the only thing that is on your mind is that you want to be asked again whether you definitely still wanted the fish.

Any sane person would have left the restaurant when the first chef quit or when the second chef quit or when the staff started arguing, or, maybe, just maybe, when the restaurant was on fire. Not stand there like a moron waiting to be asked whether they still wanted fish.

It is incredible how people trivialise one of the biggest decision our nation has made since the second world war. Rather than unite to make Brexit a success we have people like the “fish whisperer” making silly comments.

Errr you can quite clearly see that this wasn’t written on tsr.

As for your frankly cute comment about “unite around Brexit to make it a success” what an absolute flood of rubbish.
Original post by Napp
Errr you can quite clearly see that this wasn’t written on tsr.

As for your frankly cute comment about “unite around Brexit to make it a success” what an absolute flood of rubbish.

I think that post came from Twitter or Instagram but it was a post that I read on TSR.

It is fine, if you don't want to be united. It is one reason why we continue to be mugged off because the EU knows that we would destroy each other.
Reply 62
I think that post came from Twitter but it was a post that I read on TSR.

Facebook.

It is fine, if you don't want to be united. It is one reason why we continue to be mugged off because the EU knows that we would destroy each other.

Yes because everyone should just fall inline, like sheep, behind this ridiculous act of self harm because you lot simply repeat the thoroughly debunked sound bite of 'making a success of brexit'.
Pray tell what possible reason people should feel united?
Original post by Napp
Facebook.

Yes because everyone should just fall inline, like sheep, behind this ridiculous act of self harm because you lot simply repeat the thoroughly debunked sound bite of 'making a success of brexit'.
Pray tell what possible reason people should feel united?

Ok, my bad. I thought it was Twitter or Instagram.

We need to be united to go out to get the trade deals that would support all men, women and children. If we are disunited, we will be torn apart by hawkish negotiators who would manipulate the public to force the government’s hand.

Just imagine, for a sec, that we stood together for Brexit, the EU would be begging for a good deal because we would be prepared to walk away.
Reply 64

We need to be united to go out to get the trade deals that would support all men, women and children. If we are disunited, we will be torn apart by hawkish negotiators who would manipulate the public to force the government’s hand.

Alas i see no reason to align my position with a bunch of extremists who refuse to make a single compromise of their own. And i most certainly am not going to get on board with the crypto-fascists of UKIP/Brexit parts and the current bunch of swivel eyed loons in downing street who are doing their upmost best to bin centuries of British policy and fellate the Americans.

The long and the short of it being this; why would anyone with an ounce of self respect sell out their principles to this ridiculous cause to get nothing in return? It aint gunna happen.

Just imagine, for a sec, that we stood together for Brexit, the EU would be begging for a good deal because we would be prepared to walk away.

Yeah unfortunately that isnt going to happen. It really baffles me why you lot seem to think the UK holds any trump cards? The simple fact of the matter is the bigger they are the harder they kick your arse.
Honestly if handled badly there could be riots, maybe even a general strike. Every issue simmering under the surface of the UK could bubble over at once.
-Brexit no deal
-Economy in recession*
-Worse conditions than 10 years ago for many BAME and working class communities across the country
-Police cuts (Not just numbers but riot gear and training is often non existent as we found out in the London riots)
Original post by Napp
Alas i see no reason to align my position with a bunch of extremists who refuse to make a single compromise of their own. And i most certainly am not going to get on board with the crypto-fascists of UKIP/Brexit parts and the current bunch of swivel eyed loons in downing street who are doing their upmost best to bin centuries of British policy and fellate the Americans.

The long and the short of it being this; why would anyone with an ounce of self respect sell out their principles to this ridiculous cause to get nothing in return? It aint gunna happen.

Yeah unfortunately that isnt going to happen. It really baffles me why you lot seem to think the UK holds any trump cards? The simple fact of the matter is the bigger they are the harder they kick your arse.

The Irish would be ruined. No German cars, french wine etc.

The UK has compromised many times and more than the EU, so don't use this card. Also, brexit is not only about Brexit, there are members and supporters of Labour, Conservatives and many other parties.

if we are united, we can go against the biggest nations.
Reply 67
The Irish would be ruined. No German cars, french wine etc.

I imagine the French and Germans would muddle through to be honest.

The UK has compromised many times and more than the EU, so don't use this card. Also, brexit is not only about Brexit, there are members and supporters of Labour, Conservatives and many other parties.

I was actually referring to you brexstremists domestically actually. Although pray tell how the UK has err 'compromised many times' stemping your feet and threatening to knock the pieces off the table does not constitute 'compromise'.
Sorry how is brexit not about brexit? the motto is literally 'brexit means brexit' a sufficiently meaningless phrase in its own right but never the less.

if we are united, we can go against the biggest nations.

That really isnt how trade negotiations work. It matters not how plucky you feel you will still be told what to do and damn well do it when bigger countries hold all of the cards.
Reply 68
T

Original post by LiberOfLondon
> Create thread in TSR's most popular political forum
> Give it an inflammatory title
> Call a majority of the electorate hypocrites and morons

”Light the blue touch paper, stand well back and watch the fireworks” eh lads?

The majority of the electorate alive today voted, or will vote, to remain, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Original post by YlandDylan
Honestly if handled badly there could be riots, maybe even a general strike. Every issue simmering under the surface of the UK could bubble over at once.
-Brexit no deal
-Economy in recession*
-Worse conditions than 10 years ago for many BAME and working class communities across the country
-Police cuts (Not just numbers but riot gear and training is often non existent as we found out in the London riots)

The riots were before Brexit.
Original post by Napp
I imagine the French and Germans would muddle through to be honest.

I was actually referring to you brexstremists domestically actually. Although pray tell how the UK has err 'compromised many times' stemping your feet and threatening to knock the pieces off the table does not constitute 'compromise'.
Sorry how is brexit not about brexit? the motto is literally 'brexit means brexit' a sufficiently meaningless phrase in its own right but never the less.

That really isnt how trade negotiations work. It matters not how plucky you feel you will still be told what to do and damn well do it when bigger countries hold all of the cards.

Few people want No Deal or extreme Brexit. Many people want a healthy working relationship with the EU, but not to be in it through the backdoor.
Reply 71
Few people want No Deal or extreme Brexit. Many people want a healthy working relationship with the EU, but not to be in it through the backdoor.

Apparently that isnt what you all voted for though now is it. You voted for brexit and have all repeatedly scoffed at the idea of having it clarified and the de jure default is a hard brexit. Thus you cant really claim you didnt vote nor want such a thing when this was always a possibility.
Original post by Napp
Apparently that isnt what you all voted for though now is it. You voted for brexit and have all repeatedly scoffed at the idea of having it clarified and the de jure default is a hard brexit. Thus you cant really claim you didnt vote nor want such a thing when this was always a possibility.

The people voted to leave. An added bonus would be a trade deal. If not, then we leave with no deal.
Reply 73
The people voted to leave. An added bonus would be a trade deal. If not, then we leave with no deal.

I really do wish youd stop saying 'the people' when that is obviously a lie of the rankest order. Some voted to leave. A slim majority of those who voted in this voted to leave that leaves about 70% of the electorate who did not vote for this - nevermind the millions who arent in the electorate.
Original post by Napp
I really do wish youd stop saying 'the people' when that is obviously a lie of the rankest order. Some voted to leave. A slim majority of those who voted in this voted to leave that leaves about 70% of the electorate who did not vote for this - nevermind the millions who arent in the electorate.

What?? Nobody stopped those eligible to vote not to vote. You cannot refuse to participate then complain about the outcome.

The people voted to leave. Brexiteers are the people and remainers are the people. There was also an apparent majority of more than 1 million people. That is a lot.
Original post by Napp

You and reality have never met have you?

When you have to add those who did not vote and those not eligible to vote, like criminals you know you're in a bit of trouble.

Meet reality,
1) The turn out was the second highest in our history!
2) The result has been backed up by several elections after the referendum.
3) people that are not eligible to vote are literally excluded for a reason.
Reply 76
Original post by Burton Bridge
You and reality have never met have you?

When you have to add those who did not vote and those not eligible to vote, like criminals you know you're in a bit of trouble.

Meet reality,
1) The turn out was the second highest in our history!
2) The result has been backed up by several elections after the referendum.
3) people that are not eligible to vote are literally excluded for a reason.

Ahh back to insults to support your hilariously wrong point, how very much like you.
Reply 77
What?? Nobody stopped those eligible to vote not to vote. You cannot refuse to participate then complain about the outcome.

The people voted to leave. Brexiteers are the people and remainers are the people. There was also an apparent majority of more than 1 million people. That is a lot.

See above.
Original post by Napp
Ahh back to insults to support your hilariously wrong point, how very much like you.

Where is the insult?

Explain what is wrong
Reply 79
Original post by Burton Bridge
Where is the insult?

Explain what is wrong

I'm still waiting for you to, as opposed to your incessant complaining and what seems to be your sole argument of 'you're wrong'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending