The Student Room Group

I haven't received my BTEC certificate yet?!

I haven't received my BTEC L3 extended diploma in applied science certificate where everyone in my class has. Has my certificate gone missing? Did one of my assignments go wrong? I contacted my college via email as it is Sunday, I'll have to wait till results day. I'm not sure what to do.
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m not much help I’m afraid, however, I’m interested in asking. What was applied science like? Did you enjoy the course? And was it difficult for you?

Original post by Hazzabear
I’m not much help I’m afraid, however, I’m interested in asking. What was applied science like? Did you enjoy the course? And was it difficult for you?

Applied science was good. Loads of assignments, but I was ahead and achieving distinctions. For me I did the older syllabus where there was no exams, so it was easier to get the higher grades. If you're planning to do the course, it will probably have exams. The content was good especially because it was mostly biology based, so it may be different depending on the college and how strict the teacher is at their marking
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by QuackingDuck1
Applied science was good. Loads of assignments, but I was ahead and achieving distinctions. For me I did the older syllabus where there was no exams, so it was easier to get the higher grades. If you're planning to do the course, it will probably have exams. The content was good especially because it was mostly biology based

Did you have the choice of doing medical or forensics in the second year? And also, what were the assignments like? I’m looking into this, and would like some more information.

Thanks again
Original post by Hazzabear
Did you have the choice of doing medical or forensics in the second year? And also, what were the assignments like? I’m looking into this, and would like some more information.

Thanks again

I didn't, but it honestly depends on the college/sixth form/ exam board as each unit is different. The assignments are given in briefs and you have to do each task in the brief to your best ability depending on which grade you want to achieve. You can always ask the teacher for help on any task, but its different as some teachers are strict. Each task varies depending on the subject, but it should be covered in class. For example, chemistry would definitely include reports, physics would include maths/diagrams and biology would include illustrated accounts/essays (sometimes biological drawings for the pass criteria)
(edited 4 years ago)
I haven't received my BTEC L3 extended diploma in applied science certificate where everyone in my class has. Has my certificate gone missing? Did one of my assignments go wrong? I contacted my college via email as it is Sunday, I'll have to wait till results day. I'm not sure what to do.

I’m the same as you 😂I haven’t got mine back yet and my friends in my class got theirs back already so I’m worried they’ve lost mine too. But my friend did say that she knows other people who have done different btec courses and they haven’t got their results back yet so maybe they’re taking a while to process? 🤷🏻If I don’t get mine this week then I’m going to ring or email my college and ask where the hell they are because I don’t really understand where they’ve gone myself 😂
(edited 4 years ago)

I’m very confused. Don’t you get the results on results day? How did your peers get their certificates early?
I did BTEC business and one of my friends fell into the same situation as yourself in the same course (I completed and got mine back with a distinction *) the issue is normally an incomplete assignment, this means you could either receive the results potentially mitigated at a capped grade in October or late August otherwise you’d be considered a N/A however that is unlikely, what I can say is your in a bad position at the moment, this occurred last year as he was a year older than myself
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bandanadude
I’m very confused. Don’t you get the results on results day? How did your peers get their certificates early?

Basically we were one of the colleges who did the January exams so we only had our research project to do and then once we had done that and anything else that needed to be finished we had completed the course. We got a letter in July saying that we had passed the course and once they had received our results from btec they would post that to us.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by megansadler1
I’m the same as you 😂I haven’t got mine back yet and my friends in my class got theirs back already so I’m worried they’ve lost mine too. But my friend did say that she knows other people who have done different btec courses and they haven’t got their results back yet so maybe they’re taking a while to process? 🤷🏻If I don’t get mine this week then I’m going to ring or email my college and ask where the hell they are because I don’t really understand where they’ve gone myself 😂

I contacted the college today and they said that my certificate has gone through?! I finished early as well, so it doesn't make any sense. Especially when other class mates have got theirs and finished after me.But at least my query/situation has been forwarded to the curriculum manager and hopefully it gets sorted out. Otherwise I'll have to find someone or a teacher in the science department to help me on Thursday. Hopefully my firm choice for uni gets my results and give me a accommodation offer which I will have to reply within seven days with a deposit. I'll lose it if I don't. If the uni didn't get my results and I can at least get my certificate for proof. With it I can contact the uni myself and get my accommodation offer
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wellnowhe
I did BTEC business and one of my friends fell into the same situation as yourself in the same course (I completed and got mine back with a distinction *) the issue is normally an incomplete assignment, this means you could either receive the results potentially mitigated at a capped grade in October or late August otherwise you’d be considered a N/A however that is unlikely, what I can say is your in a bad position at the moment, this occurred last year as he was a year older than myself

Well, I was one of the first in my class/course to finish. I completed every assignment and for my college we have to finish all the assignments and ask the teachers that teach each unit to sign that it has been completed. Once you have all your units signed, your tutor will confirm that you have finish the course. So It doesn't make any sense why my certificate is late when a fellow student who finished before me got theirs 4 weeks ago and students who finished later than me got their certificate before me as well?! I'm expecting to get D*D*D
(edited 4 years ago)
Well, I was one of the first in my class/course to finish. I completed every assignment and for my college we have to finish all the assignments and ask the teachers that teach each unit to sign that it has been completed. Once you have all your units signed, your tutor will confirm that you have finish the course. So It doesn't make any sense why my certificate is late when a fellow student who finished before me got theirs 4 weeks ago?! I'm expecting to get D*D*D

It’s likely the exam board which I may assume is edexcel has picked some of your work to fact check, scrutinise, etc (for which they have to do for Ofqual), and maybe there was an issue.

try contacting your college today and discuss with them the situation, I hope the issues that befell my friends don’t occur to you, and glad you’ve worked hard
Well, I was one of the first in my class/course to finish. I completed every assignment and for my college we have to finish all the assignments and ask the teachers that teach each unit to sign that it has been completed. Once you have all your units signed, your tutor will confirm that you have finish the course. So It doesn't make any sense why my certificate is late when a fellow student who finished before me got theirs 4 weeks ago?! I'm expecting to get D*D*D

Im exactly the same so I think I’m just gonna ring then and ask what the hell is going on cause I was the first one to get signed off and finished but I know some of my work for a couple of units did get picked for moderating so I dont know if that affects it at all? But I need to have a conversation with someone at the college I think
Original post by Wellnowhe
It’s likely the exam board which I may assume is edexcel has picked some of your work to fact check, scrutinise, etc (for which they have to do for Ofqual), and maybe there was an issue.

try contacting your college today and discuss with them the situation, I hope the issues that befell my friends don’t occur to you, and glad you’ve worked hard

I did contact the college today and they said that my certificate has gone through?! But at least my query/situation has been forwarded to the curriculum manager and hopefully it gets sorted out. Otherwise I'll have to find someone or a teacher in the science department to help me on Thursday. Hopefully my firm choice for uni gets my results and give me a accommodation offer which I will have to reply within seven days with a deposit. I'll lose it if I don't. If the uni didn't get my results and I can at least get my certificate for proof. With it I can contact the uni myself and get my accommodation offer
Good news everyone! I received a message from the college and it seems that the exam board (pearson) just took their time to print my certificate which doesn't make any sense as I finished early and my surname is at the start of the alphabetical register. My certificate will be printed this Wednesday/Thursday and the college will get it within 10 days and then post it to me. This means that my firm choice for uni will know my results before me thus give me an offer for the accommodation. Man I'm so relieved that nothing went wrong on my side
Good news everyone! I received a message from the college and it seems that the exam board (pearson) just took their time to print my certificate which doesn't make any sense as I finished early and my surname is at the start of the alphabetical register. My certificate will be printed this Wednesday/Thursday and the college will get it within 10 days and then post it to me. This means that my firm choice for uni will know my results before me thus give me an offer for the accommodation. Man I'm so relieved that nothing went wrong on my side

That’s sweet relief then! I contacted my college and they said that one of my tutors made a mistake entering one of grades in for one of the units that brought my overall grade down to what it shouldn’t be and that they’ll sort it out once they’re back In on the 19th and once that’s sorted they’ll send me my certificate so there’s some good news for the both of us
Its been a week and I still haven't received my accommodation offer? When do people receive their offers? Is there usually a long wait or is it just me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending