The Student Room Group

Finance for repeating a module

Hi,

Id really appreciate your views on my latest application for student finance, I'm not sure what the rules are with there being a gap between studying...

2004/2005 - First year Northampton Uni - passed (repayable loan for fees and maintenance grant)

2005/2006 - Second year Northampton Uni - failed (repayable loan for fees and maintenance grant)

2017/2018 - 2x 30 point second year course with Open Uni - failed (loan for fees)

2018/2019 - 60 point second year course with Open Uni - passed (loan for fees)

I have applied for finance this year to cover the fees to redo the two 30 point courses I failed. I thought you were given one extra year but as I already failed the 2nd year at Northampton have I already used my 'gift' year?

Not sure if its relevant but I have been repaying the loans from 2004-2006 since 2006 but there is still some outstanding.

Thanks
Kerry
Original post by KerryT30
Hi,

Id really appreciate your views on my latest application for student finance, I'm not sure what the rules are with there being a gap between studying...

2004/2005 - First year Northampton Uni - passed (repayable loan for fees and maintenance grant)

2005/2006 - Second year Northampton Uni - failed (repayable loan for fees and maintenance grant)

2017/2018 - 2x 30 point second year course with Open Uni - failed (loan for fees)

I have applied for finance this year to cover the fees to redo the two 30 point courses I failed. I thought you were given one extra year but as I already failed the 2nd year at Northampton have I already used my 'gift' year?

Not sure if its relevant but I have been repaying the loans from 2004-2006 since 2006 but there is still some outstanding.

Thanks
Kerry

part time funding can have different rules, i think it's best to give sfe a call and check for sure.
Hi,

Thanks
Kerry

Hi Kerry,

You can receive a maximum of 16 years part time study funding so it will not matter that you have already used your gift year.

Thanks, Ashley.
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Ashley
Hi Kerry,

You can receive a maximum of 16 years part time study funding so it will not matter that you have already used your gift year.

Thanks, Ashley.

Hi Ashley,

Thank you very much for your response thats great news.

Kerry
Hi Ashley,

Thank you very much for your response thats great news.

Kerry

You're welcome Kerry.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending