The Student Room Group

Crazy woman is bullying me online

I'll try to keep it short, but there's a heck of a lot of context to all this.

This woman is a nutcase. And I didn't realise how serious it all was until she did this to me. She's 30, has BPD and uses it as an excuse for all her shocking behaviour, is a bit of a riot in all senses (health, appearance, friendships etc).

About a year and a half ago though, she posted something online which really made me sympathise with her. She just left her boyfriend when finding out he was cheating, and he sent her horrible texts telling her to end her life, REALLY horrible texts. I reached out to her and told her about my own horrible ex experience. We kind of bonded through it. She seemed like she had no friends, and through talking quite a lot, she learned everything about what my ex had put me through as well.

We hung out about 3 times, just casually. It was never a particularly close friendship, we didn't message regularly or anything. And I started wanting to drift from her in the last few months. She could be nasty to people online, posted 100+ times every day like she has nothing better to do, and she then posted this bizarre story about how one of our mutual friends was EVIL. She said he's set out to hurt her, that he has an evil look in his eyes when he told her they aren't friends... it was very strange and clearly she's very childish in her story telling. It turned out she pulled him aside on a night out and said "Am I your best friend?" to which he, also a grown up, said "I don't really have one..." so she set out to turn everyone against him?! And she thinks this is ok cause of her BPD??

The final straw for me was when she started laughing at flood victims online. I didn't want to associate with her, we hadn't spoken in a long time anyway, and to top it off she was befriending neo-nazi guys. I didn't want her to see I unfriended her so I blocked instead, thinking she wouldn't even notice.

But she did. She got people to go onto my profile and like old posts just to intimidate and show they're there. She posted my name and where I work, saying I'm unfit to be a teacher, that she's glad she doesn't have kids because of ME. What the ****. Not only that but she then contacted my abusive ex and got him to start up his nonsense harassing me all over again, targetting my work. I went to the police and they wont even try to help me, they say unless he or shy physically turn up at my work and threaten me then they won't take on their threats.

I reached out to a girl who I thought was friends with the psycho woman. It turns out they fell out a year ago when the girl got a boyfriend, and the crazy woman started posting all over the internet that this man beats up women, bullying him until he just broke up with the girl. She didn't even know him!! And again she thinks she can blame BPD for attachment issues with that, he could have lost his job or been beaten up by people over what she posted.

They won't leave me alone. I had to come off facebook completely and even temporarily delete my private instagram from messages, requests etc. They also kept reporting my old facebook name trying to get me banned, wanting to socially isolate me.
Reply 1
What is your question?
Reply 2
Original post by mgi
What is your question?

I don't have questions for anyone. It's a forum where people can get advice however
Hi there,

That sounds very distressing and even tiring. The woman appears to be harassing you, and it sounds as though you have plenty of evidence. As such, it may be worth getting in touch with the police.

In the mean time, try to ensure you are proactive in blocking her communication. At some point, one would hope she will move on.
Original post by Anonymous
I'll try to keep it short, but there's a heck of a lot of context to all this.

This woman is a nutcase. And I didn't realise how serious it all was until she did this to me. She's 30, has BPD and uses it as an excuse for all her shocking behaviour, is a bit of a riot in all senses (health, appearance, friendships etc).

About a year and a half ago though, she posted something online which really made me sympathise with her. She just left her boyfriend when finding out he was cheating, and he sent her horrible texts telling her to end her life, REALLY horrible texts. I reached out to her and told her about my own horrible ex experience. We kind of bonded through it. She seemed like she had no friends, and through talking quite a lot, she learned everything about what my ex had put me through as well.

We hung out about 3 times, just casually. It was never a particularly close friendship, we didn't message regularly or anything. And I started wanting to drift from her in the last few months. She could be nasty to people online, posted 100+ times every day like she has nothing better to do, and she then posted this bizarre story about how one of our mutual friends was EVIL. She said he's set out to hurt her, that he has an evil look in his eyes when he told her they aren't friends... it was very strange and clearly she's very childish in her story telling. It turned out she pulled him aside on a night out and said "Am I your best friend?" to which he, also a grown up, said "I don't really have one..." so she set out to turn everyone against him?! And she thinks this is ok cause of her BPD??

The final straw for me was when she started laughing at flood victims online. I didn't want to associate with her, we hadn't spoken in a long time anyway, and to top it off she was befriending neo-nazi guys. I didn't want her to see I unfriended her so I blocked instead, thinking she wouldn't even notice.

But she did. She got people to go onto my profile and like old posts just to intimidate and show they're there. She posted my name and where I work, saying I'm unfit to be a teacher, that she's glad she doesn't have kids because of ME. What the ****. Not only that but she then contacted my abusive ex and got him to start up his nonsense harassing me all over again, targetting my work. I went to the police and they wont even try to help me, they say unless he or shy physically turn up at my work and threaten me then they won't take on their threats.

I reached out to a girl who I thought was friends with the psycho woman. It turns out they fell out a year ago when the girl got a boyfriend, and the crazy woman started posting all over the internet that this man beats up women, bullying him until he just broke up with the girl. She didn't even know him!! And again she thinks she can blame BPD for attachment issues with that, he could have lost his job or been beaten up by people over what she posted.

They won't leave me alone. I had to come off facebook completely and even temporarily delete my private instagram from messages, requests etc. They also kept reporting my old facebook name trying to get me banned, wanting to socially isolate me.

Wow, that's rough, is she still harassing you? For the fb thing, if you have your account on private I'm pretty sure people can't view your pics, right? Anyway, sorry you had to go through that, it was completely undeserved.
I would entirely stop associating with her and anyone with links to her. If the abuse doesn't stop: report her on the sites she is using to harass you. I'm sure there are services beyond the police that can aid you.
Reply 6
I've cut out so so many friends already, both from people who kept in contact with my ex and now with her. I've, coincidentally, left that job now so that also takes away some risk of seeing either of them there. I don't know who else other than the police I can talk to. I got back in touch with the domestic abuse helpline about what my ex had publically posted recently that my friend showed me, it was threatening, with the neo-nazi guy commenting on it too, people I don't even know calling me a psycho. It's total slander and it's giving me panic attacks. But I can't even show them any weakness cause they clearly thrive off of hurting people. I just hope others see through her and him, it's hard when they're so good at playing the victim out of their own actions
I've cut out so so many friends already, both from people who kept in contact with my ex and now with her. I've, coincidentally, left that job now so that also takes away some risk of seeing either of them there. I don't know who else other than the police I can talk to. I got back in touch with the domestic abuse helpline about what my ex had publically posted recently that my friend showed me, it was threatening, with the neo-nazi guy commenting on it too, people I don't even know calling me a psycho. It's total slander and it's giving me panic attacks. But I can't even show them any weakness cause they clearly thrive off of hurting people. I just hope others see through her and him, it's hard when they're so good at playing the victim out of their own actions

Nor do I but do a google search and you should find some useful numbers or websites, this whole thing will eventually die out- soon enough everyone will see that psychotic woman for who she is and realize that they are being used, so if all else fails just remember that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Thanks, it's helpful just to rant it out. I'm hoping things will die down. I have a fear of bumping into either of them or any of their friends they've got involved to bully me too. Feel like I need a fresh start away from all of those friendship circles now
Firstly, if she annoys you - unfriend and block any bad people who attack you. Block them online by all means possible.
However, if she posts any personally identifiable information about you online e.g. name, address, date of birth etc, or if they use any language which insults you based on ethnicity, race, religion etc - those things become highly illegal, and then you can report them somewhere (but where???) and they will be in legal trouble.
Reply 10
Thanks, it's helpful just to rant it out. I'm hoping things will die down. I have a fear of bumping into either of them or any of their friends they've got involved to bully me too. Feel like I need a fresh start away from all of those friendship circles now

So make plans to force yourself away from those toxic circles and don't respond to anything on social media that relates to any of those circles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending