The Student Room Group

Universities already have your exam results, how do you feel? Ask your questions here

Poll

What worries you the most about A-level results?

Unis have received your results and they're processing them now ahead of results day so everything is ready for when track goes live on Thursday.

How are you feeling about everything?

If you have any questions we are here to help :h:

There's a team of amazing UCAS trained advisors online to help you this week, and we'll be online all day on Wednesday and Thursday to give advice.

So if you have any questions ask them here and we can help!

No matter what happens you got this!!! :bl:

Scroll to see replies

Is Bath lenient? If not clearing is my best friend :smile:
I’ve been hearing a lot that people who did essay based A levels have a 48% chance of getting the wrong grade, as examiners are subjective when marking essays. That did nothing but increase my anxiety
Reply 3
I'm not worried at all about my hard work not paying off... because I'm pretty certain I didn't do as much work as I could have
Original post by Klunkers1337
Is Bath lenient? If not clearing is my best friend :smile:

It's really difficult for anyone to tell - I'm just going to tag in their rep as they will be able to give you some advice :smile:

Are you worrying about yoru grades? It's pretty normal to feel like you've done worse than you have so try not to dwell on things too much and if you're really stressing have a look at other courses in Clearing so you feel like you have other options for the day. Good luck :crossedf:

@University of Bath
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
It's really difficult for anyone to tell - I'm just going to tag in their rep as they will be able to give you some advice :smile:

Are you worrying about yoru grades? It's pretty normal to feel like you've done worse than you have so try not to dwell on things too much and if you're really stressing have a look at other courses in Clearing so you feel like you have other options for the day. Good luck :crossedf:

@University of Bath

Hi yea I’m worrying I needed an A and think I got a C in maths 😬 but I already have A*A* finished so idk how they’ll look at it
What might happened if you have an unconditional offer but your results are significantly under what they might be expecting? Obviously you still have your place etc. Maybe department meetings when you get to uni or special monitoring in your first term etc?
Original post by Sinnoh
I'm not worried at all about my hard work not paying off... because I'm pretty certain I didn't do as much work as I could have

mood
Original post by darcydavis18
What might happened if you have an unconditional offer but your results are significantly under what they might be expecting? Obviously you still have your place etc. Maybe department meetings when you get to uni or special monitoring in your first term etc?

No, nothing like that - you got in fair and square so won't get any special treatment - unless you ask for help

I don't think so but if you feel like you are falling behind on your work you should have a chat with your supervisor and they will be able to help you :h:

Depends on the university.

But yes, your results might come up in your first meeting w/ your personal tutor, but I wouldn't expect anything more than that going onwards.
man this makes me feel sick and i only did my gcses this year :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Is the university of manchester lenient when it comes to missing out on grades. I genuinely feel like I've failed. Im so nervous
Original post by Devv24
Is the university of manchester lenient when it comes to missing out on grades. I genuinely feel like I've failed. Im so nervous

Nobody can really tell you except the university.

I think it's normal to feel like you've done worse than you actually have and loads of people will be feeling the same way :smile:

Do you like your insurance choice?

Have you've looked at other courses in clearing if you're really worried? Sometimes having a backup plan can help you feel less worried about everything.
Original post by Devv24

Depends on the course and how well this year's cohort has done.

Original post by mez_merising

Don't feel sick. It's easier than ever before to get a place at university. Good luck for GCSE results :borat:
(edited 4 years ago)

Blue Cow speaks the truth ....https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6073816

(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Don't feel sick. It's easier than ever before to get a place at university. Good luck for GCSE results :borat:

It's true....https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6073816
Reply 16
Nobody can really tell you except the university.

I think it's normal to feel like you've done worse than you actually have and loads of people will be feeling the same way :smile:

Do you like your insurance choice?

Have you've looked at other courses in clearing if you're really worried? Sometimes having a backup plan can help you feel less worried about everything.

I dont like my insurance choice so im probably going straight to clearing if i dont get into manchester. Im literally shaking, I'm going to be too scared to log into track. Luckily though theres other unis that offer my course in clearing.
Blue Cow speaks the truth ....https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6073816

(Original post by Blue_Cow)

It's true....https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6073816

wow thats crazy..is there something like reverse clearing so if you get higher grades can you check a different uni? i think it's called adjustment?
Original post by Devv24
I dont like my insurance choice so im probably going straight to clearing if i dont get into manchester. Im literally shaking, I'm going to be too scared to log into track. Luckily though theres other unis that offer my course in clearing.

You got this - everything is going to be okay!

(edited 4 years ago)
wow thats crazy..is there something like reverse clearing so if you get higher grades can you check a different uni? i think it's called adjustment?

Yes - Adjustment.

It gives you the security of being able to keep your current university place whilst you find a university to 'upgrade' to.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-if-youve-done-better-expected

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending