The Student Room Group

Is Farage a traitor to the United Kingdom and Queen?

Farage has been mouthing off again, this time in Australia.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/12/nigel-farage-prince-harry-meghan-markle-overweight-queen-mother-cpac-brexit

Whenever he goes abroad, he never fails to attack different aspects of traditional British life and culture. Here it is the late lamented Queen Mother, who was probably amongst the top five most popular people in the country at any given time. His complaint? She smoked and drank.

Not to stop there, he launched into an obviously and blatantly racist rant against Harry and Meghan. Their crime? They are apparently both popular and in tune with the zeitgeist and not at all extremely right wing.

On past trips overseas, Farage has conspired with Trump and his cronies to sell off the NHS, met clandestinely with leading Russian figures himself and through his sleazy pal Aaron Banks and generally done his best to undermine the country whilst grovelling to special interests abroad.

Isn't it time we had this self-serving and oligarch-loving creep locked up in the Tower?

farage tax.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Um isn't Farage a smoker as well
Reply 2
Tbh I read the stuff about the Queen Mother as his idea of a compliment. That she could do all that 'laddish' stuff and live to 101.

The stuff about Harry makes sense from his perspective too. He indeed was a 'lad' and now has changed since marrying Meghan.
Reply 3
He's a politician, what did you expect.
Reply 4
I don't like that sort of rhetoric, it's unhelpful

And I don't think attacking royalty is very problematic, broadly speaking. The issue is this allegation of racism etc, which is ****ty, but not treacherous

The stuff with banks etc is a different kettle of fish, and you could probably make the case there.
I admire Farage.

If you walk into any run down pub and ask the ageing barflies for their nuanced and informed opinions on the world, this is the sort of half-baked garbage you’ll get.

Yet Farage has turned it into an art form that attracts audiences and he likely collects a very nice fee.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
I admire Farage.

If you walk into any run down pub and ask the ageing barflies for their nuanced and informed opinions on the world, this is the sort of half-baked garbage you’ll get.

Yet Farage has turned it into an art form that attracts audiences and he likely collects a very nice fee.

He's certainly done well out of Brexit - he earns something like £500K a year just on speaking engagements and media work, according to a recent Private Eye article.

Brexit is nice work if you can get it - for some. Pushing the country into economic chaos and oblivion has been a profitable enterprise for Farage and a number of his buddies.

Meanwhile the £ is now at a new low and threatening to be at record postwar lows.
The traitors are the marxists
Reply 10
A deep question. What part of the Kingdom is United? who laments the queen mother? Do you think everyone is a royalist? what is was the racist tirade that you are talking about? Have you seen Piers Morgan's attitude towards Meghan? Would that be racist as well? Would Boris Johnson be better? Just asking?! Didnt he call black people pickyninnies? Isn't the Tory party a fundamentally white party? Just some thoughts.
I think he's fab. Just says it like it is. :lol:
Reply 12
Despite being extravagantly kept by taxpayers all her life, the Queen Mum died 4million + pounds in debt, leaving the taxpayers to pick up the tab once again. Harry and Meghan travel everywhere by pj, stay on multi-billion pound yachts and use helicopters, especially when attending climate change conferences, as well as engaging in big-game hunting, yet, suggest that emissions may be a problem for , erm, us (but not 'them', clearly) and conservation is important (as long as it's elephants only and doesn't get in the way of killing lions for sport). Taxpayers pay for an innumerable number of queen's distant cousins and other very distant relatives. Randy Andy is dodgy as hell... What's to like? You don't have to have a perspective on Farage to see that something's gone very wrong somewhere.
They're nothing but benefit scroungers isn't it weird how suddenly the Left are in love with the Royals? what could be different.. hmm
Yes.
Original post by EUpropaganda
They're nothing but benefit scroungers isn't it weird how suddenly the Left are in love with the Royals? what could be different.. hmm

They are not. It's the liberals.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Farage has been mouthing off again, this time in Australia.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/12/nigel-farage-prince-harry-meghan-markle-overweight-queen-mother-cpac-brexit

Whenever he goes abroad, he never fails to attack different aspects of traditional British life and culture. Here it is the late lamented Queen Mother, who was probably amongst the top five most popular people in the country at any given time. His complaint? She smoked and drank.

Not to stop there, he launched into an obviously and blatantly racist rant against Harry and Meghan. Their crime? They are apparently both popular and in tune with the zeitgeist and not at all extremely right wing.

On past trips overseas, Farage has conspired with Trump and his cronies to sell off the NHS, met clandestinely with leading Russian figures himself and through his sleazy pal Aaron Banks and generally done his best to undermine the country whilst grovelling to special interests abroad.

Isn't it time we had this self-serving and oligarch-loving creep locked up in the Tower?

farage tax.jpg

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to the monarchy.

Sit back relax and watch the monarchy and reactionary right eat each other. Chill.
Reply 17
Original post by mgi
Isn't the Tory party a fundamentally white party? Just some thoughts.

Doesnt it also have one of, if not the, most diverse cabinets in history? Even if they are a bunch of swivel eyed loons
Reply 18
Original post by Napp
Doesnt it also have one of, if not the, most diverse cabinets in history? Even if they are a bunch of swivel eyed loons

Yes. I think you are right.
Reply 19
Original post by mgi
Yes. I think you are right.

Alas i cant find the link to it but theres a rather good sketch by Hassan Minaj talking about the people of Indian extraction in the cabinet, i would suggest looking for it its rather funny!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending