The Student Room Group

Being a gay student in St Andrews worries!

I am going to St Andrews in September and I'm worried that I'm gonna struggle meeting other gay guys and finding a boyfriend etc. seeing as it is such a small uni with such little night life in the town - is there anyone who has been to St Andrews that could help me out with this?!
Statistically speaking, there will be plenty of other gay guys there!
I can't help with St Andrews I'm afraid but I'm gay and wanting to meet other guys?
I'm not going to St Andrews but I can give you my address so that we can hook up xx 💦
well you already have 2 takers I guess :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I am going to St Andrews in September and I'm worried that I'm gonna struggle meeting other gay guys and finding a boyfriend etc. seeing as it is such a small uni with such little night life in the town - is there anyone who has been to St Andrews that could help me out with this?!

Get Grindr you'll find many you can hookup with
I mean I'm not at St Andrew's but I know a lot of students will go on nights out to Dundee so that's always an option?
Grindr, LGBT society, gay bars. If bored, go to Dundee/Edinburgh for a night out.
I should(hopefully) be going there in September, I'm gay, but I do have a boyfriend, we can always be friends though
Reply 9
I should(hopefully) be going there in September, I'm gay, but I do have a boyfriend, we can always be friends though

Awesome - do you know what halls you’re hopefully gonna be in yet?

I’m just going to be straight up with you. Yes, you wil going to have a hard time being gay at St. Andrews. The uni is very conservative, and many students are from a upper-class background who also holds conservative views.

Nevertheless, there are LGBTQ+ clubs which is starting to make the uni more catering to members from the LGBTQ+ groups.
Awesome - do you know what halls you’re hopefully gonna be in yet?

Not too sure because I signed up for that stuff with my school email, which I no longer have access too(I'm an idiot I know)
People from St Andrews always come to Dundee or Edinburgh for a night out. We have a gay bar in Dundee called Klozet that does good drag queen acts
Not too sure because I signed up for that stuff with my school email, which I no longer have access too(I'm an idiot I know)

are you gonna get involved in the LGBT society??
are you gonna get involved in the LGBT society??

I might go and check it out, I've no clue what they really do there sooooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending