The Student Room Group

Universities already have your exam results, how do you feel? Ask your questions here

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Devv24
Is the university of manchester lenient when it comes to missing out on grades. I genuinely feel like I've failed. Im so nervous

Me too I feel like I messed up those exams :frown:.... I read somewhere that Uni of Manchester tends to be pretty lenient so hopefully thats the case
Reply 21
Original post by qsio
Me too I feel like I messed up those exams :frown:.... I read somewhere that Uni of Manchester tends to be pretty lenient so hopefully thats the case

Im really hoping so. And i know its hypocritical of me to say but don't worry too much, have a solid backup plan and the day should run smoothly😊. Good luck!!
Reply 22
Original post by Klunkers1337
Hi yea I’m worrying I needed an A and think I got a C in maths 😬 but I already have A*A* finished so idk how they’ll look at it

i am in a similar position, My uni wants D*D*B . I have already acheived the D*D* and C in EPQ. Just waiting on maths. Usually they will let you in if you miss one grade by a few
Reply 23
Original post by Devv24
Im really hoping so. And i know its hypocritical of me to say but don't worry too much, have a solid backup plan and the day should run smoothly😊. Good luck!!

But the thing is Manchester is like my ideal uni 😩 What course have u applied for? (+ty good luck to u too hopefully we both get in🤞🏼)
Original post by anonymousamk
I’ve been hearing a lot that people who did essay based A levels have a 48% chance of getting the wrong grade, as examiners are subjective when marking essays. That did nothing but increase my anxiety

What that actually means is that for most essay exams there is a small range of marks you could receive on each paper eg 43-46 marks out of 75, any of these marks would be an acceptable representation of how you performed. Therefore if the grade boundary is 45 marks for a B both a C and a B would be an acceptable grade for you to be given but it could go up or down if remarked and therefore it appears as though you received the 'wrong' grade. It is highly unlikely that you get a completely wrong grade eg a D and then be remarked to an A.
Original post by RJayne
What that actually means is that for most essay exams there is a small range of marks you could receive on each paper eg 43-46 marks out of 75, any of these marks would be an acceptable representation of how you performed. Therefore if the grade boundary is 45 marks for a B both a C and a B would be an acceptable grade for you to be given but it could go up or down if remarked and therefore it appears as though you received the 'wrong' grade. It is highly unlikely that you get a completely wrong grade eg a D and then be remarked to an A.

Oh that make sense thanks
Reply 26
Original post by qsio
But the thing is Manchester is like my ideal uni 😩 What course have u applied for? (+ty good luck to u too hopefully we both get in🤞🏼)

Omgg same! I dont know anyone else who's going manchester. If i dont get in, I actually dont know what I'll do. I applied for biomedical science. What about you? And thnx, we need this🤞🏾🙇🏾
Honestly:
I feel depressed, I sat that exam and I know how bad I ****ed it, knowing my friends got in and I never and how hard I tried.
Knowing I let my parents down and the rest of my family asking me about my grades.
Some of my friends cheated and I worked hard, how annoying is that?
**** me.
Reply 28
Original post by Devv24
Omgg same! I dont know anyone else who's going manchester. If i dont get in, I actually dont know what I'll do. I applied for biomedical science. What about you? And thnx, we need this🤞🏾🙇🏾

I applied for pharmacy. It kinda sucks that all my ‘alternatives’ have the same grade requirements lol so if i don’t get into pharmacy I guess i’m kinda screwed 😩😂
What time can we check Track to see if we got in?
Can I check if I got in before I get my results? Because as long as I get in, my grades don’t matter really
Original post by qsio
I applied for pharmacy. It kinda sucks that all my ‘alternatives’ have the same grade requirements lol so if i don’t get into pharmacy I guess i’m kinda screwed 😩😂

Same!! My firm and insurance have the same requirements lol I’m ****ed
Original post by Sinnoh
I'm not worried at all about my hard work not paying off... because I'm pretty certain I didn't do as much work as I could have

Yep, this is what’s been playing on my mind
Original post by anonymousamk
I’ve been hearing a lot that people who did essay based A levels have a 48% chance of getting the wrong grade, as examiners are subjective when marking essays. That did nothing but increase my anxiety

you might find it helpful to avoid the news for a couple of days, remember their aim is to sell papers, don't let them make you feel worse.
Original post by Sinnoh
I'm not worried at all about my hard work not paying off... because I'm pretty certain I didn't do as much work as I could have

you might have done better than you think :smile:
Original post by Devv24
I dont like my insurance choice so im probably going straight to clearing if i dont get into manchester. Im literally shaking, I'm going to be too scared to log into track. Luckily though theres other unis that offer my course in clearing.

there's a lot about in clearing, what course did you apply for? maybe look in clearing now so you've got a list prepared so it'd be less stressful if the worse happens.
Original post by qsio

it will depend on what other people get on the day but one grade below isn't unheard of.
Original post by Nint123
i am in a similar position, My uni wants D*D*B . I have already acheived the D*D* and C in EPQ. Just waiting on maths. Usually they will let you in if you miss one grade by a few

exactly, one grade below can happen.
Original post by Volg Paterson
Honestly:
I feel depressed, I sat that exam and I know how bad I ****ed it, knowing my friends got in and I never and how hard I tried.
Knowing I let my parents down and the rest of my family asking me about my grades.
**** me.

it's difficult not to compare yourself to others, i remember doing it with my a level results but you do you, it will work out eventually no matter what you got, trust me.
Original post by qsio

have you looked into foundation years?
Original post by Wooord
Can I check if I got in before I get my results? Because as long as I get in, my grades don’t matter really

8 am, but it might open a few minutes earlier but not much more than that so don't go checking at midnight.
Reply 34
Original post by Volg Paterson
Honestly:
**** me.

Dw, i feel the exact same... Its the worst when u think u tried ur absolute hardest yet u dont get what u deserve in return. I thought I was so prepared for my chem exam and I got an A in my mock... Literally did all the past papers available but after doing them exams I feel like I wont get the same result. I probably even got a C which isn’t enough to get me into my uni.

u haven’t got ur results yet... u may have done better than expected- just try not to stress and worry too much about it. (I should probably take my own advice but yeah lol thats the only thing u can do rn)
Reply 35
Original post by Wooord
Same!! My firm and insurance have the same requirements lol I’m ****ed

Literally... both my insurance and firm r ABB coz they were the lowest offers I got + my predicted grades were AAB but I highly doubt I got even 1 single A 😩💀
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by qsio
Literally... both my insurance and firm r ABB coz they were the lowest offers I got + my predicted grades were AAB but I highly doubt I got even 1 single A 😩💀

This is probably the hardest point.... waiting to find out :frown:

Have you done any research into a Plan B just in case? What course have you applied for?
Why did you make this thread :frown:
Original post by Wooord

Track will go live at some point between 7:30 and 8am
Students must have their Kleenex ready.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending