The Student Room Group

A-level resit????

Does anyone know anyone who resat alevels but failed everything the first time they did exams? I think I failed everything this year. But I've never met anyone who's failed everything, like all 3 of their subjects. The only people who I've ever met that are resitting had got Bs and Cs and are aiming for As. I do biology chemistry and maths and I would love to get 3 As, is there any chance I will if I failed all three of them in the first place?? I'm planning on working my ass off starting the day I finish my last exam which is tomorrow. I think even when I'm relaxing over the Summer I will get some sort of anxiety attack that I'm not working and will be needing to work 24/7... Im so confused, please someone help me out
Original post by Btstrash
Does anyone know anyone who resat alevels but failed everything the first time they did exams? I think I failed everything this year. But I've never met anyone who's failed everything, like all 3 of their subjects. The only people who I've ever met that are resitting had got Bs and Cs and are aiming for As. I do biology chemistry and maths and I would love to get 3 As, is there any chance I will if I failed all three of them in the first place?? I'm planning on working my ass off starting the day I finish my last exam which is tomorrow. I think even when I'm relaxing over the Summer I will get some sort of anxiety attack that I'm not working and will be needing to work 24/7... Im so confused, please someone help me out

Sounds like anxiety.

Cut yourself some slack as self flagellation is pointless.

Make a to do list of about 2 pages of all the things you can prep for retakes.
Find out what went wrong.
If you appeal.
Whether your school will let you resit there.
How much it costs.
What private exam centres there are.
Talk to your teachers.

When you have done all that stop fretting and enjoy your holiday, get a job, chill out as there will be nothing else to do.
When results come in then you have a plan you can put into action.

Your main aim will be to identify what went wrong and how you will put that right.

Is it possible to catch up and go from U to an A? yes but it doesnt happen by accident and you need to be realistic.
Hopefully you passed both practical endorsements.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Sounds like anxiety.

Cut yourself some slack as self flagellation is pointless.

Make a to do list of about 2 pages of all the things you can prep for retakes.
Find out what went wrong.
If you appeal.
Whether your school will let you resit there.
How much it costs.
What private exam centres there are.
Talk to your teachers.

When you have done all that stop fretting and enjoy your holiday, get a job, chill out as there will be nothing else to do.
When results come in then you have a plan you can put into action.

Your main aim will be to identify what went wrong and how you will put that right.

Is it possible to catch up and go from U to an A? yes but it doesnt happen by accident and you need to be realistic.
Hopefully you passed both practical endorsements.

Hi and thank you so much! My school does accept resits, however do schools just let anyone who failed resit, or do they have a policy? I will defo be asking this after my last exam but just in cas you know. Does resitting cost anything if u plan to do an extra yr with school? And yes I pass both practical endorsements, so would I have to do the pracs again too?
Hi and thank you so much! My school does accept resits, however do schools just let anyone who failed resit, or do they have a policy? I will defo be asking this after my last exam but just in cas you know. Does resitting cost anything if u plan to do an extra yr with school? And yes I pass both practical endorsements, so would I have to do the pracs again too?

Unclear about what you mean by your school accepting resits? You mean they will let you resit the exams there?

It is not normally free, unless it maybe was a major disaster, in which case they might decide it is unwise for you to resit, but it depends on your school.

Normally resit students have to find a private exam centre to sit the exam.

The cost for the exam is c £90-100 per A level.

The cosy for administration and to use the exam centre is c £150- £350 depending on how much they feel like charging. Closer to London is normally more expensive.

Practicals you can carry marks across. If you fail those, then resits are £800-£1300, so its good you have those.
Reply 4
Unclear about what you mean by your school accepting resits? You mean they will let you resit the exams there?

It is not normally free, unless it maybe was a major disaster, in which case they might decide it is unwise for you to resit, but it depends on your school.

Normally resit students have to find a private exam centre to sit the exam.

The cost for the exam is c £90-100 per A level.

The cosy for administration and to use the exam centre is c £150- £350 depending on how much they feel like charging. Closer to London is normally more expensive.

Practicals you can carry marks across. If you fail those, then resits are £800-£1300, so its good you have those.

Yes I mean that are school allow people who didnt get the grades to redo yr 13 and the exams. Defo do have to pay but I'm scared they wont let me resit and might ask me to do other subjects.
Yes I mean that are school allow people who didnt get the grades to redo yr 13 and the exams. Defo do have to pay but I'm scared they wont let me resit and might ask me to do other subjects.

You are difficult to understand.

If you are saying your school will allow you to do resits there, then you need to clarify whether you are required to do y13 again or you show up for the exam only.

If they wont let you resit then find a private exam centre to do your exams at.
Reply 6
You are difficult to understand.

If you are saying your school will allow you to do resits there, then you need to clarify whether you are required to do y13 again or you show up for the exam only.

If they wont let you resit then find a private exam centre to do

Yep so they do accept people to resit. If I get a U will they still let me or is there a minimum grade I need to get?
Yep so they do accept people to resit. If I get a U will they still let me or is there a minimum grade I need to get?

Talk to the school its up to them. If you do really poorly they might let you retake the year.

Quick Reply

Latest