The Student Room Group

Rate me out of 10? (Picture included)

Seen other people do this so made a throwaway account as really curious as never had a relationship and wondered if it were to do with my looks?

5’10, slim body type if that helps anything.

Any tips also appreciated! Thank you!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Everybody is a 10
Not my type but you look fine. You're certainly not ugly so I wouldn't worry.
You know with my boyfriend, he was originally my friend and we would just have a lot of fun hanging out and he was really kind, caring and funny. And because he just had such a good personality I ended up really really liking him. So for some girls having a good personality really goes a long way. A lot of people aren't too open about who they like as well so, hey someone might like you and you could literally have no idea. I don't believe in the RATE ME OUT OF 10 thing but you definitely aren't ugly. The right person will come along at the right time.
You’re good looking so don’t be too hard on yourself.

I’d say an 8/10 which is attractive just work on improving your skin, a different hairstyle and you’ll improve more!
It's not to do with your looks, it may be your personality.
Original post by Precious Illusions

That is really offensive!
Reply 7
Original post by TheYearNiner
That is really offensive!

How is that offensive in the slightest? 😂

Thank you, that’s appreciated.

Any general feedback though to improve?
Original post by Anonymous
You know with my boyfriend, he was originally my friend and we would just have a lot of fun hanging out and he was really kind, caring and funny. And because he just had such a good personality I ended up really really liking him. So for some girls having a good personality really goes a long way. A lot of people aren't too open about who they like as well so, hey someone might like you and you could literally have no idea. I don't believe in the RATE ME OUT OF 10 thing but you definitely aren't ugly. The right person will come along at the right time.

Thank you, I’ll take it on board :smile:
Original post by JamesManc
It's not to do with your looks, it may be your personality.

What do you mean by that though? Are you saying my looks are fine and my personality must be holding me back?
Original post by Anonymous
You’re good looking so don’t be too hard on yourself.

I’d say an 8/10 which is attractive just work on improving your skin, a different hairstyle and you’ll improve more!

Thank you! Any tips on the hairstyle front?
I’m a guy but I would say you have a good chance of getting a girlfriend (just don’t be afraid to be confident and ask whoever you like out).

Also things like common interests matter a lot
Original post by 6TimeChampions
Thank you, that’s appreciated.

Any general feedback though to improve?

Not really! I mean you look like you take care of yourself and style your hair etc. Maybe a different hairstyle and some stubble/beard would suit you? As I said you're a decent looking guy, and there will definitely be girls who are interested.
Original post by SuperHuman98
I’m a guy but I would say you have a good chance of getting a girlfriend (just don’t be afraid to be confident and ask whoever you like out).

Also things like common interests matter a lot

I think my problem could be with shooting for girls way out of my league which perhaps holds me back slightly? Can you be too ambitious?
Not really! I mean you look like you take care of yourself and style your hair etc. Maybe a different hairstyle and some stubble/beard would suit you? As I said you're a decent looking guy, and there will definitely be girls who are interested.

I’ll definitely try a different hairstyle - maybe not so sleek?!

I’ve tried beards and they definitely don’t suit unfortunately 😂 A problem could be I always try for girls who are way out of my league and I don’t know if maybe that’s a bad idea and I should be more realistic or there’s nothing wrong with that?
Unless you're going to be a model or something where you actually need to have good looks, you should not be interested in people rating your face. But you obviously wanted an honest answer - you look fine. Don't seek validation from other people (if that's what you're doing).
Original post by 6TimeChampions
I think my problem could be with shooting for girls way out of my league which perhaps holds me back slightly? Can you be too ambitious?

I’ve never pulled myself so can’t really help much :colondollar:

A lot of the girls I’ve liked in the past have been the popular ones while I’m just me. But looking back I had little in common with them. So like I said if you are compatible personality wise then ‘league don’t matter’.

Just be confident. Especially if you go uni where you start a fresh and then leagues really don’t exist
Original post by Kiritsugu
Unless you're going to be a model or something where you actually need to have good looks, you should not be interested in people rating your face. But you obviously wanted an honest answer - you look fine. Don't seek validation from other people (if that's what you're doing).

I just wanted honesty if I’m honest as had a lot of rejection and led to insecurity so trying to sort that out.

It’s not validation, more how I can improve and how I’m perceived but thank you!
With a shaggier hairstyle, would you not style it at all then?

And what would eyebrow shaping consist of? Shaving bits or a professional job? 😂

And thank you - perhaps I aim too highly out of my league and that’s where’s I go wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending