The Student Room Group

Is Applied Science BTEC interesting?

Hi everyone. I am going into Second year of college in September but I have to resit a Biology Mock because I didn't do to well on it. If I pass I can carry on with the course, but if I fail I am going to do an Applied Science BTEC Diploma alongside my two other A - Levels (Chemistry and Geography).

I was wondering is Applied Science good as I know it involves a lot of coursework instaed of Exam work which is what is stressing me out with Biology. Also at this rate even if I do pass the resit, I might just do the BTEC instead as Biology stresses me out so much compared to the others that I have been losing enjoyment with it. Shame I used to love it as well :frown:

Cheers.
Reply 1
the new BTEC is quite interesting but there are exams in the new spec
there are 2 exams for the extended certificate (1 a-level) which are unit 1&3. unit 1 is very straight forward and unit 3 is based on a practical
regardless of the exams its a good qualification but the coursework does require alot of effort in order to get a distinction
Original post by hh565
the new BTEC is quite interesting but there are exams in the new spec
there are 2 exams for the extended certificate (1 a-level) which are unit 1&3. unit 1 is very straight forward and unit 3 is based on a practical
regardless of the exams its a good qualification but the coursework does require alot of effort in order to get a distinction

I dont know if mine will have Exams as I dont think it is extended BTEC as it involves the one BTEC for one year and the A levels which I will have done for 2 years.
Reply 3
all the new btecs have exams now, so regardless of the qualification size there is an exam involved

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending