The Student Room Group

Not sure where to go from here

Hey!
I'm currently just finishing my MA degree and I've been applying for jobs. I've had a few interviews so far but the feedback I've had so far is that I give as close to perfect interviews as possible and they love me but they still won't give me a job.

I'm not really sure what to do in interviews to make them give me the job. Any advice?
What type of roles are you interviewing for?

It might be that they just have more experience in which case I'd say that there's not much you can do except keep trying.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DuckDodgers
What type of roles are you interviewing for?

It might be that they just have more experience in which case I'd say that there's not much you can do except keep trying

I'm applying for library jobs. But ones that require little to no experience :frown: Just frustrating to get good feedback but not get the job!
Original post by KittKatt
I'm applying for library jobs. But ones that require little to no experience :frown: Just frustrating to get good feedback but not get the job!

Yeah I can totally imagine that. On the positive side, you interview well :smile:

I'm not sure how libraries work really. Is your MA a Librarianship?
Reply 4
Yeah I can totally imagine that. On the positive side, you interview well :smile:

I'm not sure how libraries work really. Is your MA a Librarianship?

Yeah my MA is Library and Information Management.
Job market just isn't great unfortunately 😭

Does MA mean master degree?
Why do you study that profession?
But I think you may find jobs on Customer Manager etc
Reply 6
Original post by 江山此刻波澜壮阔
Does MA mean master degree?
Why do you study that profession?
But I think you may find jobs on Customer Manager etc

Yes, MA is a Masters degree!
Studied it because I felt like it's a good career choice for me :smile:
Not really sure if I'd want a job in Customer Management but I will have a look into it! :smile:
Yep, at some point it becomes blindingly obvious that they're hiring candidates with better experience - something you can't fix instantly.

It ****ing sucks.

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Yep, at some point it becomes blindingly obvious that they're hiring candidates with better experience - something you can't fix instantly.

It ****ing sucks.

It really does. I feel like it's a catch 22 - I need a job to get more experience but need more experience to get a job! :frown:
Yes, MA is a Masters degree!
Studied it because I felt like it's a good career choice for me :smile:
Not really sure if I'd want a job in Customer Management but I will have a look into it! :smile:

I heard some Chinese girl students also study it.
I was confused if it`s useful, but most of them find a job at library of univeristy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending