The Student Room Group
Hey, I've already passed my online skills assesment. It was very easy you'll do fine. Just relax and read the questions and answers properly.

WIll you be studying the GDL?
Reply 2
Thanks for letting me know :smile: I found out recently that I passed too, so congrats to the both of us! Yes, I am planning on doing the GDL, but there is a money issue, so I definitely will do it if I can somehow resolve funding. Where else did you apply? BPP promised to announce scholarship winners yesterday, but no luck!
Reply 3
Just curious as to whether any of you were offered the scholarship. I am about to take the online assessment and I'm so scared.
About to take this assessment, and really worried I'm ill-prepared. any advice?
Original post by lawgeek94
Just curious as to whether any of you were offered the scholarship. I am about to take the online assessment and I'm so scared.

Did you get it? I hope so! I'm in this same position now...
Reply 6
Im going to be taking this soon. Do you have any advice after taking the assessment?
Original post by frastudent
About to take this assessment, and really worried I'm ill-prepared. any advice?
Reply 7
Hi, I've just received the link to complete mine. Have you completed it yet? If so, how was it? I'm nervous I'm not prepared enough to take it.
Reply 8
No I’m really sorry I haven’t taken it yet or received the link. I was however told by someone else that it was actually more like a verbal reasoning test than a test about law and you’ve got to get 12 out of 20 questions right. I hope this helps 💙
Original post by c.gill96
Hi, I've just received the link to complete mine. Have you completed it yet? If so, how was it? I'm nervous I'm not prepared enough to take it.
Did you take the test yet? What kinds of questions are asked?
Original post by Rlillie
No I’m really sorry I haven’t taken it yet or received the link. I was however told by someone else that it was actually more like a verbal reasoning test than a test about law and you’ve got to get 12 out of 20 questions right. I hope this helps 💙
Did you manage to take the test yet? Can you shed some light on what kinds of questions are asked? Thank you so much!
Hi,

It was very wordy, so you have to read carefully. You don't really need much legal knowledge, most of it is common sense. Just make sure you really read the question because I nearly got the wrong end of the stick with one of the questions! Good luck!!
Original post by cloudchaser3000
Did you manage to take the test yet? Can you shed some light on what kinds of questions are asked? Thank you so much!
Hey @katmaier I am currently in the situation you found yourself in four years ago, that led you to ask this question. Any helpful tips? I'm going crazy with anxiety here.Thanks
Original post by Desperate Lawyer
Hey @katmaier I am currently in the situation you found yourself in four years ago, that led you to ask this question. Any helpful tips? I'm going crazy with anxiety here.Thanks

Hey, I know you asked @katmaier but I did the assessment a month or so ago, so if I can help in any way just lemme know. It's not terribly difficult, they're just quite wordy. Make sure you really read them and know exactly what they want in the answer because some questions it can be quite easy to get the wrong end of the stick. I'm dyslexic, so things usually take me a little longer than other people but I managed to finish in the given time and pass very comfortably.
Also, you get to do it in the comfort of your own home so it's super chilled. Good luck with it!
Hey, I know you asked @katmaier but I did the assessment a month or so ago, so if I can help in any way just lemme know. It's not terribly difficult, they're just quite wordy. Make sure you really read them and know exactly what they want in the answer because some questions it can be quite easy to get the wrong end of the stick. I'm dyslexic, so things usually take me a little longer than other people but I managed to finish in the given time and pass very comfortably.
Also, you get to do it in the comfort of your own home so it's super chilled. Good luck with it!

Hey thanks for the insight. Could you give me examples of some of the topics their questions were centered on? So i could familiarize myself with things a bit. I honestly don't know what to do now. At first i thought they'd be asking purely legal questions. So I was reading on contract law, EU law, land law, etc. It was not until just recently that i discovered it is not purely law related questions but.
Hey thanks for the insight. Could you give me examples of some of the topics their questions were centered on? So i could familiarize myself with things a bit. I honestly don't know what to do now. At first i thought they'd be asking purely legal questions. So I was reading on contract law, EU law, land law, etc. It was not until just recently that i discovered it is not purely law related questions but.

Honestly, it's a little bit of everything. They ask you what you would do in certain situations with a client. They cover everything, but it's mostly common sense. Not really something you can revise for. There are a few questions that are really specific but you're not really in exam conditions so you have the ability to look it up if you're really stuck.
Honestly, it's a little bit of everything. They ask you what you would do in certain situations with a client. They cover everything, but it's mostly common sense. Not really something you can revise for. There are a few questions that are really specific but you're not really in exam conditions so you have the ability to look it up if you're really stuck.

Oh okay. So it's more like an aptitude test?
Oh okay. So it's more like an aptitude test?

Yeh, sort of. Like I say, it is factual, but fairly common sense.
@harrysbar time for LOCKDOWN
Yeh, sort of. Like I say, it is factual, but fairly common sense.

Hi please was there a time limit to answering the 20 questions?

Latest

Trending

Trending