The Student Room Group

Missed an A by a few marks

Hey guys so I got my AS level results today... and I missed an A by a few marks :frown: also I feel like next year it would be impossible for me to get an A* coz I have a B now ); give me some advice pleaseeee
Reply 1
Check the paper with teacher and mark scheme,see if recheck is possible.
If october or january sitting available then do repeat if teacher says yes.
A2 is much harder than AS so B of AS to A* of A2 is tough but possible if you work harder than ever.
Otherwise give A2 and look at overall mark and then if you miss grade by few marks then retake the most improvable one. (I am planning to do this only if results arn't D,E or fail)
Original post by baeoftae
Hey guys so I got my AS level results today... and I missed an A by a few marks :frown: also I feel like next year it would be impossible for me to get an A* coz I have a B now ); give me some advice pleaseeee

Do not worry. There's no reason why you can't get an A* next year as long as you apply yourself. You were so close to an A anyway, and on the bright side, this B will be more beneficial to you as you now realise that you need to put in a little more effort, or study more effectively, than you have been, whereas people who get As may feel like they don't need to study so much, which would lead to disappointment on A level results day. Just look at where you've been going wrong up to this point and fix it :smile:
Reply 3

You can actually do some calculations to figure out exactly how many marks you need to get in A levels to achieve an A*. Talk to your teachers.
Reply 4
Just curious, but why do some people (such as OP) appear to have received AS results today? I thought they came out on Thursday alongside A Level results.

Which subject is this? It might be worth investigating a remark?

Original post by maah001
Just curious, but why do some people (such as OP) appear to have received AS results today? I thought they came out on Thursday alongside A Level results.

International A-levels/AS-levels come out today.
Reply 6
Original post by maah001

International Cambridge A level/O level are out today
International Edexcel A level on Thursday and O level after few days
I guess England ones are also Thursday

Quick Reply

Latest