The Student Room Group

Happy International Left-Handers Day!

LEFTIES UNITE! :happy2: For it is our special day today, 13th August. :king1: It is International Left-Handers Day. :woo:

Are you left-handed and proud? :wink: Have you experienced left-handed discrimination? :sadnod: How have you overcome the struggles of living in a right-handed world? :kungfu:

How many lefties do you know? :grouphugs: Did you know that because being left-handed is rarer than being right-handed, it makes lefties awesome by default? :crown:

Go out and celebrate your left-handedness or the leftie power of those around you! :crazy:

Scroll to see replies

:party:

I know a few left handers. It aches to just use my left hand, lol.
I only know one leftie and that is my self. Don't really struggle in this right hand world, I can use scissors with my right hand. The only real struggle is not accidentally touching the buttons on my graphics tablet.
Original post by JoelBigSmokeTea
I only know one leftie and that is my self. Don't really struggle in this right hand world, I can use scissors with my right hand. The only real struggle is not accidentally touching the buttons on my graphics tablet.

In an ideal world, lefties wouldn't have to adapt their right hand to do things! We can only dream :daydreaming:
Woop woop, lefties unite!

Edit: that ****ing smudge though >.< the bane of all my life.
(edited 4 years ago)
I recently purchased a left handed screwdriver :yes:
Original post by Samsam2019
Woop woop, lefties unite!

Edit: that ****ing smudge though >.< the bane of all my life.

It's so annoying! The amount of pen brands I had to go through in order to find one with minimal smudging is ridiculous

Original post by 04MR17
I recently purchased a left handed screwdriver :yes:

OMG I bet that was exciting :biggrin:
Original post by DrawTheLine
It came free with the bottle of rainbow paint. :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
It came free with the bottle of rainbow paint. :smile:

Oo, you have some rainbow painting to do
It's so annoying! The amount of pen brands I had to go through in order to find one with minimal smudging is ridiculous

Haha, did you find a pen brand that doesn't smudge? I need to get myself some of them!
Reply 10
I'm one too!
Haha, did you find a pen brand that doesn't smudge? I need to get myself some of them!

Sadly, I did not. All pens seem to have at least some degree of smudging :frown:
Original post by Saman_B9
I'm one too!

Woooo :excited:
Lefties are awesome by default :yep:only know two lefties one is my cousin and the other is my mums best friend who apparently taught me to tie my shoes :tongue:

I don't think it was left handed discrimination, but when I was at primary school I broke my left arm, and this other boy who I was best friends with at the time also had a bad wrist. The catch was he received help from a ta who wrote everything down for him, because he had help with other things but I had no help at all even though I was in a full blown cast and couldn't write at all (he could still draw with his bad wrist) still confused as to why i was just left there but [strike]memory makes me feel a bit bitter but meh[/strike
Aside from that when I was doing my work experience in a bakery, I was working alongside the head baker whose wife and son were also lefties, and he basically showed me some left handed baking techniques to make it easier :thumbsup:
(edited 4 years ago)
[quote="Chronoscope;84714006"]Lefties are awesome by default :yep:only know two lefties one is my cousin and the other is my mums best friend who apparently taught me to tie my shoes :tongue:

I don't think it was left handed discrimination, but when I was at primary school I broke my left arm, and this other boy who I was best friends with at the time also had a bad wrist. The catch was he received help from a ta who wrote everything down for him, because he had help with other things but I had no help even though I was in a full blown cast and couldn't write (still confused wlas to why i was just left there but) memory makes me feel a bit bitter but meh[/strike
Aside from that when I was doing my work experience in a bakery, I was working alongside the head baker whose wife and son were also lefties, and he basically showed me some left handed baking techniques to make it easier :thumbsup:

OMG I need to know these baking techniques :ahee:
You do strike me as someone who'd be left-handed tbh
This appeared on my Facebook feed - love IKEA even more :biggrin:

Pentel EnerGel *almost* doesn't smudge! It's the best one I've found so far!
OMG I need to know these baking techniques :ahee:

:undefined:hugs one was basically just holding the piping bag at a different angle so that when you do the piping motion the bag doesn't get stuck in the cream /jam
And another ine was to do it anticlockwise if I was putting fruit on e.g. strawberry tarts idk how that helped but it made it slightly easier, clockwise was also fine though :redface: :tongue:
Wasn't much too far from the ordinary :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Notoriety
You do strike me as someone who'd be left-handed tbh

Is that a good thing?

Original post by linda1301
Pentel EnerGel *almost* doesn't smudge! It's the best one I've found so far!

ooh I'm gonna have to look into that

Original post by Chronoscope
:hugs: one was basically just holding the piping bag at a different angle so that when you do the piping motion the bag doesn't get stuck in the cream /jam
And another ine was to do it anticlockwise if I was putting fruit on e.g. strawberry tarts idk how that helped but it made it slightly easier, clockwise was also fine though :redface: :tongue:
Wasn't much too far from the ordinary :smile:

Oh I do that anticlockwise! I didn't realise it made it easier lol it's just what I've always done hehe
Another leftie here :cool:

Although I've never smudged my writing because of it, and I've always used right-handed scissors, rulers, protractors etc. Never had an issue with them.

Quick Reply

Latest