The Student Room Group

Graduate entry onto an undergraduate medicine course

Hi. I am currently studying biology at the Uni of Sussex, just about to start 3rd year. I am on course for a 2.1 and have decided that I would love to study medicine after finishing my degree. I have a few questions that id love for anyone with any insight or in the same position as me to let me know anything they can!
1. As a graduate, will I have an advantage over getting an offer considering that I already have higher education experience in a science?
2. Is it possible to apply to medicine with a predicted degree grade, or will I have to take a year out to apply once knowing my degree grade?
3. And finally, as I did not take chemistry at a level (i took psychology, bio and french receiving AAB), would I still be considered, having a degree instead?
At the moment the medical school I am most interested in is BSMS. Thanks for any help!
Original post by Alihiii
Hi. I am currently studying biology at the Uni of Sussex, just about to start 3rd year. I am on course for a 2.1 and have decided that I would love to study medicine after finishing my degree. I have a few questions that id love for anyone with any insight or in the same position as me to let me know anything they can!
1. As a graduate, will I have an advantage over getting an offer considering that I already have higher education experience in a science?
2. Is it possible to apply to medicine with a predicted degree grade, or will I have to take a year out to apply once knowing my degree grade?
3. And finally, as I did not take chemistry at a level (i took psychology, bio and french receiving AAB), would I still be considered, having a degree instead?
At the moment the medical school I am most interested in is BSMS. Thanks for any help!

If you apply to undergraduate medicine as a grad you’ll have to meet the same A-level requirements as a normal school leaver applying to medicine. They may have a slightly lower grade offer for graduates as some universities have but I’d imagine the lack of chemistry A-level would exclude you from applying

Edit; yes you can apply with predicted results, you don’t have to wait until you have results in hand
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending