The Student Room Group

Let's chat about how much we hate Results Day™

Hello. :colone:

So, every year around this time TSR gets overrun with Results Day™™™™™ hype. For those of us that have already received our results, are way too old for results or aren't yet receiving any results it can be rather difficult to find somewhere to chat about literally anything else.

That's what this thread is for. If you don't care about results day even slightly, come and chat. If you're nervous for results day and need a distraction, come in here. If you hate the education system, come and moan.

Throughout results day, we'll be posting fun threads for everyone to take part in and there may even be a prize... :daydreaming:

Scroll to see replies

I'll also be live-threading the experience at TSR's offices, covering all of the gossip that goes on that isn't about results, just in case anyone's interested :wink:

Totally didn't steal this idea from @PugDevil... :lol:
Lol, am too young for results day.

How's life kids?:biggrin:
Oh, and @Paracosm, I love your avatar. :lol:
Original post by Obolinda
Oh, and @Paracosm, I love your avatar. :lol:

Thank you!! I should probably use a more results-y avatar shouldn't I? :emo:

:console: it's okay, we all do :console:
;-;-;-;-;-;-; .... ;-;-;-;-;-;-; <--me
Don't have any results to pick up as the L3 diploma I'm doing is either pass or fail which is nice :smile:
Have fun you lot :'(

- The cries of all GCSE/A-Level/results-awaiting children across the country
(edited 4 years ago)
Unknown.jpg

Not waiting for any results but all these kids waiting for theirs are stressing me out tbh :hide:
(edited 4 years ago)
The Daily Mail (or the paper that Supported the Blackshirts) must be drooling already at the thought of photographing young 18 year old women with above average chest sizes and long hair, who have achieved the grades they wanted. You won't see a geeky shy young man unless they put a token picture in to try to avoid being accused of favouritism.
Original post by batter mix
Not waiting for any results but all these kids waiting for theirs are stressing me out tbh :hide:

We're sorry. Give us two weeks and y'all can take over TSR again. :lol:
I hate going into school to pick up my results, seeing people I know, seeing teachers and trying to avoid talking to anyone cause of the genuine anxiety
Original post by RazzzBerries
We're sorry. Give us two weeks and y'all can take over TSR again. :lol:

lol I like it this way. The mayhem feels more like home :redface:
Original post by batter mix
lol I like it this way. The mayhem feels more like home :redface:

That's :tsr:

:lol:
Got my results 8 years ago and still get nervous at the thought of results day, not helped by facebook memories reminding me about the anticipation!

I read on here a long time ago that A-level results is the most stressful out of all of the ones you'll have at uni and beyond, and I think I agree.
I used to love it but now I hate it. :argh:
Reply 16
Results day is up there with Christmas and Pancake Day for me.

EDIT: crap, wrong thread.
results can do one... I'm a 'mature'...ahem...student who got an unconditional offer 2 weeks ago (primarily due to life experience and bits and bobs) yet I can't accept it on ucas due to all the results freezing the sodding system! I just want my timetable so I can plan my future non life around every buggery body who has to come first and then try and plan juggling my studies... knew I should have gone to uni when I was younger lol
Original post by Aaryra
I hate going into school to pick up my results, seeing people I know, seeing teachers and trying to avoid talking to anyone cause of the genuine anxiety

Y’all not get an email with it?
Original post by Rachaek.Samurai
Y’all not get an email with it?

No, I’m from one of the only schools ever that doesn’t email results:biggrin:Love that

Quick Reply

Latest