The Student Room Group

My ex best friend...Help asap

I and my ex-best friend were super close, we were always there for each other. We used to laugh so so much in class and people would tell us to shut up. ha. The good times.

We did bring out the best in each other...

Now. Boys. Boys boys boys, they got in the way and started drama so so so much drama. First. It started by giving her my crushes snapchat so she could ask him out for me, went downhill and she started liking him, oof. What a hit that took me, she stole him from me! I got over him pretty quickly and I just moved on to stay friends with him.

Then. Ugh. Very recently this happened. I gave her my ex's snapchat (who I still love so so much, cause we've been through thick and thin together and he knows me better than anyone, were super close anyway...) I gave her it cause I was in a "situation" with him and I didn't know what to do, I didn't learn from my mistakes. She started talking to him. It went well, she sorted it for me. I thought that would be it...nope, she was talking to him...romantically behind my back while I was on holiday (basically took my holiday and the fact I can't talk to him as much to an advantage) so...you can guess. They knew each other for a week, a week!!! They started DATING behind my back !!!

DATING ****ING DATING!!! My best friend stole the boy who I LOVED from me!!! She just...took all his love. 3 days later (they only dated for 3 days hahaha) she realised she still liked my old crush. So now. That's over.

But. My ex. (who I talk to every day) I expressed my feelings for him...it went well, not well enough to get him to love me again but he took it well. He would've been back with me by now...if he didn't love my best friend SO much. He's obsessed. He keeps talking about her with me, getting pretty hurt by it, but he's making progress from the breakup.

She cheated on him...so...that pretty much hurt him. ANYWAY!

I lost it one night with her. I screamed you have taken everything away from me!!! full caps. Then she lost it. Then we had this MASSIVE argument about everything.

Sooo now....we don't talk. And for some odd reason! I still want to be friends with her! She took the boy I liked, then the boy I loved! Now. ahhhh.

Opinions? we both start college together in a month...so I NEED to sort things out by then. So it's not too awkward or too angry at college. Cause I don't need her distracting me with her talking about her feelings about my ex who I still love or my other best friend (my old crush) it will just break my heart. I could scream at her to shut up but ya know...were not exactly on the same page right now.

All I want to do, Is sort things out see how things go from there. If she breaks my trust one more time, I'm ending it no matter our past.
your friend is some next level hoe
Reply 2
Original post by cloud_9_
your friend is some next level hoe

hahhahahha ikkkkk! I couldn't agree more
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I and my ex-best friend were super close, we were always there for each other. We used to laugh so so much in class and people would tell us to shut up. ha. The good times.

We did bring out the best in each other...

Now. Boys. Boys boys boys, they got in the way and started drama so so so much drama. First. It started by giving her my crushes snapchat so she could ask him out for me, went downhill and she started liking him, oof. What a hit that took me, she stole him from me! I got over him pretty quickly and I just moved on to stay friends with him.

Then. Ugh. Very recently this happened. I gave her my ex's snapchat (who I still love so so much, cause we've been through thick and thin together and he knows me better than anyone, were super close anyway...) I gave her it cause I was in a "situation" with him and I didn't know what to do, I didn't learn from my mistakes. She started talking to him. It went well, she sorted it for me. I thought that would be it...nope, she was talking to him...romantically behind my back while I was on holiday (basically took my holiday and the fact I can't talk to him as much to an advantage) so...you can guess. They knew each other for a week, a week!!! They started DATING behind my back !!!

DATING ****ING DATING!!! My best friend stole the boy who I LOVED from me!!! She just...took all his love. 3 days later (they only dated for 3 days hahaha) she realised she still liked my old crush. So now. That's over.

But. My ex. (who I talk to every day) I expressed my feelings for him...it went well, not well enough to get him to love me again but he took it well. He would've been back with me by now...if he didn't love my best friend SO much. He's obsessed. He keeps talking about her with me, getting pretty hurt by it, but he's making progress from the breakup.

She cheated on him...so...that pretty much hurt him. ANYWAY!

I lost it one night with her. I screamed you have taken everything away from me!!! full caps. Then she lost it. Then we had this MASSIVE argument about everything.

Sooo now....we don't talk. And for some odd reason! I still want to be friends with her! She took the boy I liked, then the boy I loved! Now. ahhhh.

Opinions? we both start college together in a month...so I NEED to sort things out by then. So it's not too awkward or too angry at college. Cause I don't need her distracting me with her talking about her feelings about my ex who I still love or my other best friend (my old crush) it will just break my heart. I could scream at her to shut up but ya know...were not exactly on the same page right now.

All I want to do, Is sort things out see how things go from there. If she breaks my trust one more time, I'm ending it no matter our past.

No good friend would treat you like this.

I put up with bad treatment from a best friend for years before I finally put my foot down. If I were you I would sort things out and remain civil but not return to being best friends. College is an amazing opportunity to form new friendships with people who respect you and care enough not to hurt you like that. Sometimes people do not try to see things from your perspective and thats the issue. You cannot force someone to empathise with you. Her actions have been selfish but you have to put your future feelings first sometimes. After loosing one of my close friends of over 8 years I know how hard it is. You rely on ur best friends and they become a part of you. Despite this, you will always have your good memories. she will of always helped you to grow into the person you are today. she just may not be part of your next chapter and from what you have said that sounds like a good thing!

Things will all work out, just don't let her or anybody make you feel bad about yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't treat them like that so why should they?
Reply 4
Original post by 23c
No good friend would treat you like this.

I put up with bad treatment from a best friend for years before I finally put my foot down. If I were you I would sort things out and remain civil but not return to being best friends. College is an amazing opportunity to form new friendships with people who respect you and care enough not to hurt you like that. Sometimes people do not try to see things from your perspective and thats the issue. You cannot force someone to empathise with you. Her actions have been selfish but you have to put your future feelings first sometimes. After loosing one of my close friends of over 8 years I know how hard it is. You rely on ur best friends and they become a part of you. Despite this, you will always have your good memories. she will of always helped you to grow into the person you are today. she just may not be part of your next chapter and from what you have said that sounds like a good thing!

Things will all work out, just don't let her or anybody make you feel bad about yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't treat them like that so why should they?

Awwww this is such a good reply! Thanks so so much!! :smile: I totally agree with everything, thanks!

Quick Reply