The Student Room Group

AS Resit? Law

So hey guys, I just got my grades and truth be told I'm only surprised by one grade: Business. I was one grade away from an A but that's not the problem.

I got a BBD and I got a D in Law, which is what I'm going to study. I have never failed a law test in class and i was always in the top 3, so it's not like I'm bad at law. A few hours before the exam, as silly as it may be I had an altercation with someone and it weighed on me so heavily, during the first law exam, I ignored a 20 (or 25?) mark question and broke down entirely. The entire exam was trash.

I'm just trying to figure out how I would resit this and how would this look when applying for Law. Is it also possible to resit in Oct/Nov? Is it also possible to resit only one paper out of the two? My school allows resits so that's no problem, i'm just wondering how it would affect me.
Original post by Ruelynn
So hey guys, I just got my grades and truth be told I'm only surprised by one grade: Business. I was one grade away from an A but that's not the problem.

I got a BBD and I got a D in Law, which is what I'm going to study. I have never failed a law test in class and i was always in the top 3, so it's not like I'm bad at law. A few hours before the exam, as silly as it may be I had an altercation with someone and it weighed on me so heavily, during the first law exam, I ignored a 20 (or 25?) mark question and broke down entirely. The entire exam was trash.

I'm just trying to figure out how I would resit this and how would this look when applying for Law. Is it also possible to resit in Oct/Nov? Is it also possible to resit only one paper out of the two? My school allows resits so that's no problem, i'm just wondering how it would affect me.

How have you got your grades already?
Sorry if it’s a stupid question but I thought AS results were on the 15 (unless this isn’t AS of course)
Reply 2
Original post by S.carter
How have you got your grades already?
Sorry if it’s a stupid question but I thought AS results were on the 15 (unless this isn’t AS of course)

Yeah I have, this morning.
I'm confused about that too? I thought it was Thursday but the school sent an email around and sent us our grades. CIE. Also quite confusing because another school in the same area hasn't got theirs. Strange
Original post by Ruelynn
Yeah I have, this morning.
I'm confused about that too? I thought it was Thursday but the school sent an email around and sent us our grades. CIE. Also quite confusing because another school in the same area hasn't got theirs. Strange

Ohhh maybe you get CIE first. What does CIE actually stand for?
Reply 4
Original post by S.carter
Ohhh maybe you get CIE first. What does CIE actually stand for?

Cambridge International Examinations
Original post by Ruelynn
Cambridge International Examinations

Ah ok, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest