The Student Room Group

Am I allow to quit apprenticeship anytime soon?

Hello everyone, and I do have a question for you to ask? Okay, if I really want to start an advanced apprenticeship in engineering, which lasts for 45 months but I want to quit for 2 years and start progressing to university. Can it happen like that afterwards??
Original post by Tai007
Hello everyone, and I do have a question for you to ask? Okay, if I really want to start an advanced apprenticeship in engineering, which lasts for 45 months but I want to quit for 2 years and start progressing to university. Can it happen like that afterwards??

they might have a clause in your contract that you have to stay for so long after completing it. what level apprenticeship is it, it's strange that it's over two years and not a higher apprenticeship
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
they might have a clause in your contract that you have to stay for so long after completing it. what level apprenticeship is it, it's strange that it's over two years and not a higher apprenticeship

I'm talking about a level 3 electrical engineering apprenticeship course which lasts for 45 months at Midkent College in Gillingham, Kent
Original post by Tai007
I'm talking about a level 3 electrical engineering apprenticeship course which lasts for 45 months at Midkent College in Gillingham, Kent

most level 3 apprenticeships are 24 months, i'd go with a different provider if there is another option.
Reply 4
most level 3 apprenticeships are 24 months, i'd go with a different provider if there is another option.

I really want to start doing level 3 engineering course at the college, but one of the staff members spoke to me over telephone that the course is full, and the applications were gone since last October, which I have to wait until they contact me on my mobile phone whenever it would avaliable, so I can apply for it online on the college website
Original post by Tai007
I really want to start doing level 3 engineering course at the college, but one of the staff members spoke to me over telephone that the course is full, and the applications were gone since last October, which I have to wait until they contact me on my mobile phone whenever it would avaliable, so I can apply for it online on the college website

do you have a placement in place already?
Reply 6
do you have a placement in place already?

Pretty much you can say that, but I have to wait until I recieve a phone call from them if a level 3 engineering course is avaliable for me to apply through their college website
Reply 7
Original post by Tai007
Pretty much you can say that, but I have to wait until I recieve a phone call from them if a level 3 engineering course is avaliable for me to apply through their college website

So basically, you're waiting for a call so you can "start" the application. It's not "pretty much you can say that", you have nothing right now.
Reply 8
Xarao, what do you mean and what are you talking about??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending