The Student Room Group

How many close freinds do you have irl?

Scroll to see replies

Like bffs? 4 I would say.

Friends I hang out with? 16? 19? But I just chill with these peeps.
at least 2, maybe 3 or 4? one that ive been close with since we were born (our mums were friends so we were kinda raised together) and another ive been close with since year 7. there are a few im p close with in uni but not on the same level as the other two, esp since i havent known them for nearly as long. ive got other friends ofc but theyre my main pals i guess. idk i feel like growing up you come to realise that you dont need to know everything about eachother, or even talk super often to still have your friends mean a lot to you.
Reply 22
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Can't you call me tulip instead? :cry2:

:hugs:

the best i can do is turnipple
take it or leave it
Fr tho I aint exaggerating! I'm not on speaking terms with my Bestfreind!

Same. Lately there have been too many similarities between us two (don't try and guess who I am Hehe). But like one of my best friends did me dirty so I have not spoke to her, she was my 3rd bff. She was toxic as fu
Original post by syrup!
the best i can do is turnipple
take it or leave it

Thats worse acc :lol:
Imma call u hiccup otherwise.
My one just b*tched off! sh*t happens in life and u just gotta move on tbh.

Spoiler

My one just b*tched off! sh*t happens in life and u just gotta move on tbh.

Spoiler

When I make anon posts (been making too many latterly, results day stress is making me psychotic) I always change my tone. So think of a friend of yours who doesn't know how to type. hehe
Original post by Anonymous
When I make anon posts (been making too many latterly, results day stress is making me psychotic) I always change my tone. So think of a friend of yours who doesn't know how to type. hehe

Unveil please :colondollar:

lets talk x
Unveil please :colondollar:

lets talk x

Nah lets talk like this. We had a venting out session the other day. Lets have another. Okay, so I just got over my infatuation with this boy!!! I am so glad, gurl was crying over him and everything. Now I see him and I just think " another human". SMH I hate guys who lead on. LMAO I am so random.
depends on my mood lol but honestly 0
there is 1 but i will always put myself first. when i didnt it hurt myself, so now i just say 0
Nah lets talk like this. We had a venting out session the other day. Lets have another. Okay, so I just got over my infatuation with this boy!!! I am so glad, gurl was crying over him and everything. Now I see him and I just think " another human". SMH I hate guys who lead on. LMAO I am so random.

I honestly cannot relate, if thats what ur lookin for. But guys are trash.
2 that I'm really really close to and another 2 or 3 that I'm quite close to. So glad to hear other people with small numbers - sometimes feels like I've failed at uni by not making all these 'life long friends' you hear about.
I honestly cannot relate, if thats what ur lookin for. But guys are trash.

Words of wisdom.
2 that I'm really really close to and another 2 or 3 that I'm quite close to. So glad to hear other people with small numbers - sometimes feels like I've failed at uni by not making all these 'life long friends' you hear about.

I feel like some people fill gaps in their lives with friends. And before someone says "fill the gaps with yourself", can't. humans are animals and animals best function in packs. We need others. Oh well.... I guess I just love people. I am a people's person. lol
But guys are trash.

Ouch lol.

Anyhow, I had the same social group for a long time more than a decade really but by the age of 18, we had completely drifted apart. Now I hear of them about once or twice a year. Since then I've made many acquaintances but no real friends cause I just don't meaningfully click with people often. I did meet someone I started to become friends with but they moved to another city for uni and I didn't put in the effort to stay in contact even though they did reach out once or twice.

Looking back on my relationships with people in general though I don't think I've truly connected with a friend on a personal level; even those that I have known for years. My dad mentioned once when I was younger that men never bring up family matters to people outside the family and in general I was brought up with that kind of mentality. To keep my own council and be private.

I think I ended up taking things to the extreme though because I've never really opened myself up emotionally to anyone or really let them in on pressing thoughts or issues I'm having. I can have relaxed banter, talk about shared interests and sometimes give advice but I'll never really open up. It's funny cause online I'm far more open then I am in person.
(edited 4 years ago)
Don't take it to heart lol

Original post by ikramit
Ouch lol.

Anyhow, I had the same social group for a long time more than a decade really but by the age of 18, we had completely drifted apart. Now I hear of them about once or twice a year. Since then I've made many acquaintances but no real friends cause I just don't meaningfully click with people often. I did meet someone I started to become friends with but they moved to another city for uni and I didn't put in the effort to stay in contact even though they did reach out once or twice.

Looking back on my relationships with people in general though I don't think I've truly connected with a friend on a deeply personal level even those that I have known for years. My dad mentioned once when I was younger that men never bring up family matters to people outside the family and in general I was brought up with that kind of mentality; to keep my own council and be private.

I think I ended up taking things to the extreme though because I've never really opened myself up emotionally to anyone or really let them in on pressing thoughts or issues I'm having. I can have relaxed banter, talk about shared interests and sometimes give advice but I'll never really open up. It's funny cause online I'm far more open then I am in person.

Don't take it to heart lol. Men are AmAZINGGGGG <3

personally I think its hard work trying to maintain friendships, this is coming from someone whos quite family orientated btw. I see friends as being temporary beings compared to family, ever since my ex bestfreind shifted off, I've been more weary about girls, even those who genuinely wanna be my friend!
I didn't know guys felt the same way tbh.
How on earth can u not bring up family matters? I always bring up personal matters with friends, its just a way to connect on a deeper level ygm.
I always bring up personal matters with friends, its just a way to connect on a deeper level ygm.

Yup, I agree it allows people to connect on a deeper level and because I never do that irl.
I don't really reach that deeper level of understanding with friends. I hang out with them for the moments I'm with them and then that's it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Cos the people I used to be ''friends'' with were fake af and were all about getting high, drunk, f*cking as many girls as they could and partying all the time. I'm not about that life man, I'm about self improvement and making the most of my life, not wasting it. So I parted ways with them. Best decision I ever made :u:

That's nice to hear. Hope it's going well :smile:

P.S. I'm as real as can be :wink:
Original post by I'm God
That's nice to hear. Hope it's going well :smile:

P.S. I'm as real as can be :wink:

It is, cheers G :cute:

I would hope so or I'd have to worship Satan instead :unimpressed:
Original post by JoshDarnIt
It is, cheers G :cute:

I would hope so or I'd have to worship Satan instead :unimpressed:

But if I wasn't real, Satan wouldn't be either.

Checkmate? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending