The Student Room Group

Studying in Russia

Hi, I am looking to study abroad and I currently have two options either study in the Higher school of economics in Moscow in a English taught program called Management and digital innovation or study in Northumbria university for the Information technology management course. Studying in Russia advantage is it would be cheaper but I would like advice overall which would be better.
Original post by sodarkncold
Hi, I am looking to study abroad and I currently have two options either study in the Higher school of economics in Moscow in a English taught program called Management and digital innovation or study in Northumbria university for the Information technology management course. Studying in Russia advantage is it would be cheaper but I would like advice overall which would be better.

northumbria is probs better ranked than your russian uni... but Id still advise you to go for the russian one...

Good luck!!
Original post by sodarkncold

I’m not sure how international the Russian uni is, but unless you have some basic Russian language skills it’s unlikely that many will know English at a higher level than basic. Although Moscow is a tourist spot, so you will find more people with different language skills there than anywhere else I’d imagine.
Reply 3
Original post by captainamerica77
northumbria is probs better ranked than your russian uni... but Id still advise you to go for the russian one...

Good luck!!

Actually the Russian university is ranked higher. Why do you think Russia is a better choice?

Original post by Anonymous
I’m not sure how international the Russian uni is, but unless you have some basic Russian language skills it’s unlikely that many will know English at a higher level than basic. Although Moscow is a tourist spot, so you will find more people with different language skills there than anywhere else I’d imagine.

From my research this uni is one of the most with international students in Russia. Unfortunately I don't know the language but I want to learn it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending