The Student Room Group

AS level maths ADVICE

Starting year 12 in september... any advice for preparing for a level maths?
Original post by maria_pineappe
Starting year 12 in september... any advice for preparing for a level maths?

revise coordinate geometry and basic algebra... exponentials and logarithms will come up which may seem hard at first but its easy... ummm... and just basic differentiation and integration and basic vectors.. and also sequences and series and intro to proof.... go through this stuff and youll be fine for pure maths...

Mechanics is all about physics and stats has stuff from GCSE and some additional stuff...

practice many questions and never stop and think you know it all....

Dont look at answers and think that you wouldve done that...
Original post by captainamerica77
revise coordinate geometry and basic algebra... exponentials and logarithms will come up which may seem hard at first but its easy... ummm... and just basic differentiation and integration and basic vectors.. and also sequences and series and intro to proof.... go through this stuff and youll be fine for pure maths...

Mechanics is all about physics and stats has stuff from GCSE and some additional stuff...

practice many questions and never stop and think you know it all....

Dont look at answers and think that you wouldve done that...

Thank you you're so helpful! I will definitely do this
Thank you you're so helpful! I will definitely do this

no problemo mate... Umm I have some online text books you can use maybe? Do you want them? You can PM me.. and as Im off to uni soon... I can help you out online maybe? See your progress and just advise you?
no problemo mate... Umm I have some online text books you can use maybe? Do you want them? You can PM me.. and as Im off to uni soon... I can help you out online maybe? See your progress and just advise you?

Wow that's so nice of you. I would definitely like to use online textbooks. What are you studying at uni, if you don't mind me asking?
Wow that's so nice of you. I would definitely like to use online textbooks. What are you studying at uni, if you don't mind me asking?

I havent gotten in yet... Im waiting for results 😂😂😂

physics hopefully...
I havent gotten in yet... Im waiting for results 😂😂😂

physics hopefully...

Ah yes of course... good luck!
Ah yes of course... good luck!

Thank you! Good luck to you aswell!
Keep a little notepad with you to jot down important formulas and proofs that could be asked in the exam. It really helped me for my exams coz I had the main little things in one small book.
Original post by OR321
Keep a little notepad with you to jot down important formulas and proofs that could be asked in the exam. It really helped me for my exams coz I had the main little things in one small book.

Good idea, thanks :smile:

Could I perhaps get a look at those online text books too? :smile: (of course it's very understandable if you say no - seeing as they are yours and I'm just someone random that you don't know!)

Also, what did you choose for A-levels, and what do you want to study in university?

Quick Reply

Latest