The Student Room Group

Universities already have your exam results, how do you feel? Ask your questions here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GavandeepR
Does anyone know if aston is lenient or not im super set to go aston but after chemistry and maths im not so sure ill get in

As with pretty much every University in clearing, there will be some level of flexibility in our entry requirements for most of our courses.

Honestly, I know it’s hard not to worry so close to results day, but my advice would be to try and switch off. Find a nice movie or go on a Netflix binge and hopefully you wake up Thursday morning and all the worry was for nothing.

Best of luck for the big day!

Josh
Original post by Aston University
As with pretty much every University in clearing, there will be some level of flexibility in our entry requirements for most of our courses.

Honestly, I know it’s hard not to worry so close to results day, but my advice would be to try and switch off. Find a nice movie or go on a Netflix binge and hopefully you wake up Thursday morning and all the worry was for nothing.

Best of luck for the big day!

Josh

Fingers crossed 🤞 Ill try and find something on netflix to watch
Original post by GavandeepR
Fingers crossed 🤞 Ill try and find something on netflix to watch

My personal recommendations would be either Mindhunter for a more serious gritty crime drama or any of James Acaster's comedy specials, if you're in the mood for something a bit lighter. :smile:

Josh
If you get an unconditional offer before your results are determined, do your results still get sent to the university you have an unconditional offer with?
Are Cardiff lenient about grades? There is no way I would’ve met the criteria with what I was supposed to get due to having panic attacks during my exams. My teachers have written to Cardiff to let them know of my extenuating circumstances but I just know in my heart it won’t help. I’ve spent the past few hours crying and I can’t stop obsessing about how miserably I’ve let myself down.
Original post by Routeri
If you get an unconditional offer before your results are determined, do your results still get sent to the university you have an unconditional offer with?

Your results are available to all universities that you originally applied to
Original post by Ellaa_20
Are Cardiff lenient about grades? There is no way I would’ve met the criteria with what I was supposed to get due to having panic attacks during my exams. My teachers have written to Cardiff to let them know of my extenuating circumstances but I just know in my heart it won’t help. I’ve spent the past few hours crying and I can’t stop obsessing about how miserably I’ve let myself down.

If your teachers have written that will 100% be taken into consideration. No decision at this time of year is done automatically and every decision is done in the full knowledge that this is someone's life. Cardiff will absolutely take it into account when making a decision and will be as lenient as they're able to.

Do you know if your degree includes a lot of exams or is it more coursework based? Even if you do get in then it might be sensible to take a year out before starting your course to try to treatment for your panic attacks - especially if you're likely to have a similar stress during your degree. While there's a lot of support at university there's also a lot of new pressure and stress and you don't want to put yourself in a situation where you'll make yourself unwell.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
It's really difficult for anyone to tell - I'm just going to tag in their rep as they will be able to give you some advice :smile:

Are you worrying about yoru grades? It's pretty normal to feel like you've done worse than you have so try not to dwell on things too much and if you're really stressing have a look at other courses in Clearing so you feel like you have other options for the day. Good luck :crossedf:

@University of Bath

Hi there :smile:

As Puddles said, it is really difficult for anyone to tell! It completely depends on the course you want to do, how many people have applied and how well those with offers do.

Bath has been lenient in the past. I know friends who have missed the entry requirements but still gotten in. You can also check if your course is in clearing - if it is, it means there are likely to be spaces so entry requirements may be flexible, but this isn't guaranteed. It really varies year to year.

Again as Puddles said, try not to worry too much about your grades and have a look at clearing at Bath and other unis to try and put your mind at ease. Good luck!!

Leah
2nd Year Chemical Engineering
Original post by University of Bath
Hi there :smile:

As Puddles said, it is really difficult for anyone to tell! It completely depends on the course you want to do, how many people have applied and how well those with offers do.

Bath has been lenient in the past. I know friends who have missed the entry requirements but still gotten in. You can also check if your course is in clearing - if it is, it means there are likely to be spaces so entry requirements may be flexible, but this isn't guaranteed. It really varies year to year.

Again as Puddles said, try not to worry too much about your grades and have a look at clearing at Bath and other unis to try and put your mind at ease. Good luck!!

Leah
2nd Year Chemical Engineering

Has Chemical Engineering been on Clearing at the University of Bath?
Original post by Aston University
My personal recommendations would be either Mindhunter for a more serious gritty crime drama or any of James Acaster's comedy specials, if you're in the mood for something a bit lighter. :smile:

Josh

Quick question is finance in clearing? Like Is there spaces available as that’s what I applied for
Reply 70
Btw do our firm choices know that we firmed them?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Unis have received your results and they're processing them now ahead of results day so everything is ready for when track goes live on Thursday.

How are you feeling about everything?

If you have any questions we are here to help :h:

There's a team of amazing UCAS trained advisors online to help you this week, and we'll be online all day on Wednesday and Thursday to give advice.

So if you have any questions ask them here and we can help!

No matter what happens you got this!!! :bl:

Is Coventry University lenient?
Original post by Devv24

Yes
Original post by Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Is Coventry University lenient?

Seeing Coventry clearing ads everywhere and knowing few of my friend got unconditional offer i would say they are pretty lenient
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by PQ
what course is your firm?

Psychology at Coventry
Original post by student_2000
Seeing Coventry clearing ads every and knowing few of my friend got unconditional offer i would say they are pretty lenient

Lucky them. I got a conditional offer
Yes they do :smile:

Original post by Devv24
Reply 77
Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes - Adjustment.

It gives you the security of being able to keep your current university place whilst you find a university to 'upgrade' to.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-if-youve-done-better-expected

Hey speaking of adjustment I have two questions if you could answer:
1) is adjustment only if you get grades above your offer or can you go through adjustment if you meet your offer( I am asking this because I might want to change courses)
2) Can adjustment be used to get into unis which don't have any vacancies in clearing (e.g also do unis have extra vacancies on results day due to other people who already have offers not getting the correct grades)

Thanks
Original post by JC2021
Hey speaking of adjustment I have two questions if you could answer:
1) is adjustment only if you get grades above your offer or can you go through adjustment if you meet your offer( I am asking this because I might want to change courses)
2) Can adjustment be used to get into unis which don't have any vacancies in clearing (e.g also do unis have extra vacancies on results day due to other people who already have offers not getting the correct grades)

Thanks

1) No - you have to meet and exceed your offer.

2) Potentially. There's no central list of Adjustment vacancies, so it's a matter of finding out on the university website, or calling their hotlines and asking specifically for adjustment.
As soon as I read the title I could just feel my heart POUND in my chest

Quick Reply

Latest