The Student Room Group

Is £414 an average price for three pens?

Scroll to see replies

if my average pens cost that, then by the powers of direct proportion my toilet seat should be made of gold
Someone did this thread one or two years ago and it got the appropriate treatment. OP is either hopelessly out of touch or wants the predictable reaction.
Reply 22
Nice Cross pen, always been a fan of their Townsend II series.
Reply 23
Original post by 999tigger
Someone did this thread one or two years ago and it got the appropriate treatment. OP is either hopelessly out of touch or wants the predictable reaction.

Might one ask whats wrong with having a nice pen...? I mean theres a rather big industry around fine writing pieces from Cartier, Mont Blanc, Dunhill, Cross, Parker etc.
Original post by lilTrain
if my average pens cost that, then by the powers of direct proportion my toilet seat should be made of gold

Mr Trump is that you?!?
If you have more money than sense, yes.
Original post by Napp
Might one ask whats wrong with having a nice pen...? I mean theres a rather big industry around fine writing pieces from Cartier, Mont Blanc, Dunhill, Cross, Parker etc.

Nothing, but thats not the point of the thread.
Original post by CoolCavy
Lol you are the target market i had to write about in my luxury pen report in design first year :rofl:

I would love to read that lol
Reply 27
Original post by 999tigger
Nothing, but thats not the point of the thread.

Ahh yes sorry, gotcha there.
Original post by Sam376
I own the following arsenal of pens. The total cost is £93+£56+£265 = £414.

Would you say that this is the average cost of pens in the UK?

Do you think that these are an impressive selection of pens to choose from when writing and signing documents?

https://www.johnlewis.com/parker-son...t-pen/p3395561

https://www.johnlewis.com/waterman-h...r-gold/p237487

https://www.cross.com/cr_en_gb/at0045-1

No, it’s not an average price. If you have that much money to be be able to spend so much on pens then you are really lucky. I hope they write nicely.
Reply 29
Only if you have more money than sense
Do they function as a grenade?
Original post by MidgetFever
If you have more money than sense, yes.

Original post by gjd800
Only if you have more money than sense

79AFFE57-6CF9-43E4-AFB9-DA7F9AE3CF67.jpg.jpeg
Reply 32
Original post by Wooord
79AFFE57-6CF9-43E4-AFB9-DA7F9AE3CF67.jpg.jpeg

I suppose I should start reading replies before posting my scorn
Original post by gjd800
I suppose I should start reading replies before posting my scorn

Nah I appreciate your scorn
It was absolutely riveting, had to produce many a graph including the Boston consulting matrix for Parker pens compared to montblanc :lol:
Reply 35
someone's overcompensating for something...
Original post by CoolCavy
It was absolutely riveting, had to produce many a graph including the Boston consulting matrix for Parker pens compared to montblanc :lol:

Did you go into why people bought luxury pens?
Original post by RazzzBerries

loool, just my kind of thread xD
Original post by AngryRedhead
Did you go into why people bought luxury pens?

So that academics and really rich persons can see who has the biggest pen, or the most expensive? The winner is of course the coolest within the social group :tongue:
Original post by Honey Marigold
So that academics and really rich persons can see who has the biggest pen, or the most expensive? The winner is of course the coolest within the social group :tongue:

I don’t know; wouldn’t it make much more sense to judge wealth by car model and make? Chances are if you’ve got an expensive pen but no car you’re not going to be all that wealthy in any case

Quick Reply

Latest