The Student Room Group

desperately need revision tips GCSE

hi, i'm currently going into yr 11 and i need tips on how to retain information as my mocks are in december and maths/science are my weakest subjects -- are there better methods than flash cards and the generic mindmaps? many thanks xx
Original post by mariya00
hi, i'm currently going into yr 11 and i need tips on how to retain information as my mocks are in december and maths/science are my weakest subjects -- are there better methods than flash cards and the generic mindmaps? many thanks xx

yeah, there is. I found science to be my strongest subjects. firstly, I made my own specifications for science and kept it on the side. I used to pull out my thick @rse textbook and simply read it till I understood it and write the notes down either in a mind map or just in a book and tick it of my list. I loved using A3 paper so i could write big and also use diagrams and stick it on my wall.
hopefully, you'll do good xx
may I ask what exam board you are doing, also what tier?
Reply 2
Original post by anonymous.89
yeah, there is. I found science to be my strongest subjects. firstly, I made my own specifications for science and kept it on the side. I used to pull out my thick @rse textbook and simply read it till I understood it and write the notes down either in a mind map or just in a book and tick it of my list. I loved using A3 paper so i could write big and also use diagrams and stick it on my wall.
hopefully, you'll do good xx
may I ask what exam board you are doing, also what tier?

for science im doing AQA, and Maths im doing edexcel -- all higher tier. May i ask how you revised for chemistry and physics too? Algebra and Proofs are my specific weaknesses in maths:/

many thanks xx
Reply 3

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6076496&p=84723976#post84723976 --> You'll find my revision tips here.
With maths the only real way to practice is by answering questions, the same applies to some of science but it depends on how you learn best. For me I hated mind maps so would make lists for example listing the stages of the nitrogen cycle
Reply 5
Original post by WillMHere
With maths the only real way to practice is by answering questions, the same applies to some of science but it depends on how you learn best. For me I hated mind maps so would make lists for example listing the stages of the nitrogen cycle

oh ok, will defo try that out, thanks!
Reply 6
for science im doing AQA, and Maths im doing edexcel -- all higher tier. May i ask how you revised for chemistry and physics too? Algebra and Proofs are my specific weaknesses in maths:/

many thanks xx

wow we should be study buddies! :smile:
Original post by roseee03

Lmao, same. What other subjects are you doing? (I'm doing Spanish, Latin, Geography and History)
Original post by xanx
Lmao, same. What other subjects are you doing? (I'm doing Spanish, Latin, Geography and History)

i've already taken business and german (waiting for my results) and next year i'm also doing media studies :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by roseee03

omg yes!! do u have snapchat?
omg yes!! do u have snapchat?

sadly my mum took my phone away but we can private chat on here :smile: i'm on my laptop btw :biggrin:
Reply 12
Make your revision resources as you go along

many thanks xx

Hello, I'm doing edexcel for Maths as well, higher tier and I think im pretty okay with algebra so let me know if you're looking for study buddies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest