The Student Room Group

500 potential terrorists arrested in Kashmir

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XHannahR
Aren’t India invading Kashmir and killing people..I mean that’s what I’ve heard..

Original post by Napp
Think what China did to Tibet and thats basically whats going on here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuNPI6Y6K8

Watch this documentary. It will explain everything and the situation in J&K is not comparable to Tibet.

The problem in Kashmir is Islamic fundamentalism. Even the more peaceful Kashmiri protestors regularly wave ISIS, JeM and HeM flags along with shouting slogans glorifying people like Zakir Musa, an Al Qaeda affiliated Kashmiri terrorist.
https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/cpqxzz/proof_that_bbcs_video_is_true_and_from_srinagar/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=shar

Pakistan has been using it's armed Islamist proxies to fight an assymetrical war against India in the region and to propagate fundamentalist Islam, armed jihad against India and Hindus along with the doctrine of Gazwa E Hind. It has been very successful in doing so.

https://www.hudson.org/research/11167-prophecy-the-jihad-in-the-indian-subcontinent

As a Kashmiri Hindu whose grandfather was stabbed by Kashmiri Muslim Islamic fundamentalists in the 1980s, I greatly welcome this long overdue move of scrapping article 370.

In the late 1980s, we were given 3 options by Kashmiri muslims:
1. Convert
2. Run for your life
3. Perish but leave your women for us

Of course, we chose option 2 and became refugees. "Once we take Kashmir and establish an Islamic Sharia state here we will take Delhi soon too" they said to my family while they were being loaded up in a truck to escape.
Original post by Napp
Probably join with Pakistan or at least tell Delhi to **** off these days to be honest. As the above poster noted the relations used to be fairly cordial but in the [past few decades Delhis heavy handed approach to KAshmir has alienated much of the goodwill they once held towards India.
Effectively India have shot themselves in the foot in some ways and put themselves in an unpleasant cycle of violence.. they accuse seperatists of violence and crack down which in turn alienates more people who turn to violence and so on ad nauseum.

The Kashmir Valley had been fairly peaceful with mostly pro-India sentiment prior to 1989 which is when 2 events happened that led to the cycle of violence that has continued for 30 years

1. A rigged election in 1989 which gave rise to some resentment in the Valley against India

2. During the Soviet-Afghan war, many jihadi fighters had been trained, funded and armed by the Pakistanis and the Americans to fight the Soviets. When the Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan in 1989, many of those jihadis at Pakistan’s behest directed their attention to Indian Administered Kashmir and began infiltrating the Valley in order to create a separatist movement against Indian rule.

By 1991 Kashmiri Pandits (ethnically Kashmiri Hindus) who formed a small but significant minority in the Valley were often targeted by the separatists with Pandits being killed and the women raped. There were often reports that mosque loudspeakers were used warning the Pandits to leave the Valley but leave the women behind, convert to Islam or be killed with Pandit homes being marked for targeted killing or conversion.
Eventually of the 300,000 - 500,000 Kashmiri Pandits who resided there, the vast majority fled to refugee camps in neighbouring Jammu and other parts of the Indian mainland where many still reside. Currently about 3000 remain in the Valley.

This is when the State came down heavily on the Kashmir Valley effectively giving fuel to the fire of separatism. Rather than attempt to calm tensions down through tact and dialogue, the Indian Government launched a brutal crackdown and as you said, shot itself in the foot

Whilst Pakistan’s role in exacerbating the conflict either through conventional warfare or through proxies cannot be understated, India’s own heavy handed methods to try and control the situation has further alienated Kashmiri Muslims.
Reply 22
Original post by Desi Knight
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuNPI6Y6K8

Watch this documentary. It will explain everything and the situation in J&K is not comparable to Tibet.

It is entirely comparable when you flood it with Hindus.

The problem in Kashmir is Islamic fundamentalism. Even the more peaceful Kashmiri protestors regularly wave ISIS, JeM and HeM flags along with shouting slogans glorifying people like Zakir Musa, an Al Qaeda affiliated Kashmiri terrorist.

Now that is questionable propaganda of the rankest order.
Pakistan has been using it's armed Islamist proxies to fight an assymetrical war against India in the region and to propagate fundamentalist Islam, armed jihad against India and Hindus along with the doctrine of Gazwa E Hind. It has been very successful in doing so.

You know as well as we all do that that is clearly not the whole story. I dont deny for a second Pakistan has been arming terrorists but there are plenty of separatists independent of Pakistan.

As a Kashmiri Hindu whose grandfather was stabbed by Kashmiri Muslim Islamic fundamentalists in the 1980s, I greatly welcome this long overdue move of scrapping article 370.

Whilst you have my condolences that is hardly a reason to erase a state.
Reply 23
Original post by Indian_Muslim
The Kashmir Valley had been fairly peaceful with mostly pro-India sentiment prior to 1989 which is when 2 events happened that led to the cycle of violence that has continued for 30 years

1. A rigged election in 1989 which gave rise to some resentment in the Valley against India

2. During the Soviet-Afghan war, many jihadi fighters had been trained, funded and armed by the Pakistanis and the Americans to fight the Soviets. When the Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan in 1989, many of those jihadis at Pakistan’s behest directed their attention to Indian Administered Kashmir and began infiltrating the Valley in order to create a separatist movement against Indian rule.

By 1991 Kashmiri Pandits (ethnically Kashmiri Hindus) who formed a small but significant minority in the Valley were often targeted by the separatists with Pandits being killed and the women raped. There were often reports that mosque loudspeakers were used warning the Pandits to leave the Valley but leave the women behind, convert to Islam or be killed with Pandit homes being marked for targeted killing or conversion.
Eventually of the 300,000 - 500,000 Kashmiri Pandits who resided there, the vast majority fled to refugee camps in neighbouring Jammu and other parts of the Indian mainland where many still reside. Currently about 3000 remain in the Valley.

This is when the State came down heavily on the Kashmir Valley effectively giving fuel to the fire of separatism. Rather than attempt to calm tensions down through tact and dialogue, the Indian Government launched a brutal crackdown and as you said, shot itself in the foot

Whilst Pakistan’s role in exacerbating the conflict either through conventional warfare or through proxies cannot be understated, India’s own heavy handed methods to try and control the situation has further alienated Kashmiri Muslims.

Again, well put but unfortunately i cant rep you again.
Original post by Napp
It is entirely comparable when you flood it with Hindus.

You know as well as we all do that that is clearly not the whole story. I dont deny for a second Pakistan has been arming terrorists but there are plenty of separatists independent of Pakistan.

Whilst you have my condolences that is hardly a reason to erase a state.

Edit: The fact that the Maharaja willingly acceded his dominions to India makes it different from Tibet since the PLA barged in and occupied it without the approval of the Tibetan rulers.

When was the state flooded with Hindus?

Can you name any armed separatist groups that are independent of Pakistan?

As the Indian home minister said in the Indian parliament, this arrangement is temporary and when the law and order situation improves and the government sees fit, they will give statehood to J&K again. Ladak will remain a union territory but the people there are ecstatic with this decision and have always wanted full integration with India.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Napp

He does actually have a point, at least when it comes to recent times.

Whilst the separatist movement in the past was mostly about establishing an independent Kashmiri nation, in recent years it has taken on a more jihadist tilt aimed at establishing a global Islamic caliphate starting from Kashmir

There have been rifts in recent times between different separatist movements with those seeking a Kashmiri homeland based on Kashmiriyat (Kashmiri-ness which includes Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs) on one hand and other separatists who term such a concept as an abomination and say that the only goal is a global caliphate.

Burhan Wani who was a very popular militant when he was killed by the army in 2016 and many Kashmiris took the streets to protest his killing, was someone who was pushing for creating a caliphate and strongly disagreed with a secular Kashmir nation
As an Indian, and although unlikely, I really hope India gets a good slapping.

I wish a Muslim coalition of nations could force them to cede Kashmir/defeat India in a fight but they are too corrupt and disunited to do such a thing any time soon.
I'm a Kashmiri (but a British passport holder), I went to Kashmir last month for my summer holidays, but I had to leave a month early because of the Indians cracking down on the state. What's happening there is a severe violation of human rights, and is unconstitutional because the special status of the people of J&K was part of the agreement when the Maharaja of the state agreed to join India. Everything boils down to the shocking hatred that the BJP and their leader, Modi, have towards Muslims, and their fear of Pakistan. To me, what I experienced in Kashmir (and have been experiencing every time I go there, notably the 2016 Burhan Wani incident) points towards a plan of ethnic cleansing. We have been made a Union Territory so that all our independent powers are taken away, and we're now under New Delhi's foot. I have never and especially now will never consider myself an Indian, and in saying that I know I speak for every single Kashmiri Muslim out there.
Original post by Zamestaneh

I wish a Muslim coalition of nations could force them to cede Kashmir/defeat India in a fight but they are too corrupt and disunited to do such a thing any time soon

I would support peace and a referendum in both Kashmirs on the topic. Quick question though, are you Indian? I thought you were Egyptian.
Original post by LiberOfLondon
I would support peace and a referendum in both Kashmirs on the topic. Quick question though, are you Indian? I thought you were Egyptian.

Yes, I am an Indian (British) convert to Islam; the flag I have or had (Idr if I have it still and cbb to check) was the flag of Yemen which I randomly had because Yemeni people are cool and nice
Original post by Zamestaneh

I wish a Muslim coalition of nations could force them to cede Kashmir/defeat India in a fight but they are too corrupt and disunited to do such a thing any time soon.

A good slapping should do the job.
Reply 31
Original post by Palmyra
India doesn’t want to do that because it’s a majority Muslim region which obviously wants nothing to do with India.

The fact that it's a Muslim-majority region doesn't mean that they 'don't want anything to do with India'.

It's because they are Muslim, that this region has been invaded and has had its UN Special Status revoked by the Indian government, in order to gain a strong-holding in the region and plan future strategic attacks into neighbouring Pakistan, as well as 'culling' the Muslim population
Reply 32
Original post by Palmyra
India doesn’t want to do that because it’s a majority Muslim region which obviously wants nothing to do with India.

Nothing to do with India or Pakistan- many Pakistanis claim the land should be theirs- most just want pure independence (speaking as someone who is from that part of kashmir).
Original post by Htn_02
Nothing to do with India or Pakistan- many Pakistanis claim the land should be theirs- most just want pure independence (speaking as someone who is from that part of kashmir).

Would you say that most Kashmiris desire independence and have no wish to affiliate with either Pakistan or India?
Reply 34
I’d think so yes, at least J & K not kashmir elsewhere.
Yes, a Kashmiri I know said they don't want India or Pakistan. They want Kashmir to be an independent state again.
I see Alex Jones taking India's side saying how Muslim act differently when they're a majority and oppress non-Muslims.
Original post by LordHoneycomb
I see Alex Jones taking India's side saying how Muslim act differently when they're a majority and oppress non-Muslims.

Quelle surprise
Original post by Professional G
This is basically a invasion

Not quite, sending troops into one state of your country is not an invasion.
People these days....
Original post by XHannahR
Aren’t India invading Kashmir and killing people..I mean that’s what I’ve heard..

They are not killing people; Kashmir is a part of India so India cannot invade itself.
Smart100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending