The Student Room Group

Is Farage a traitor to the United Kingdom and Queen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by EUpropaganda
They're nothing but benefit scroungers isn't it weird how suddenly the Left are in love with the Royals? what could be different.. hmm

And you seem to be nothing but a loud mouth malcontent who doesnt seem to know the rather basic fact that the royal family through not only their various enterprises (such as the Duchy) but also the more nebulous draw of tourist revenue are a net contributor to the exchequer. Something i imagine you probably are not...?
Dunno I think he is very rude, likes to wind up his audiences and doesnt mind running down the UK to do it.
He did one about immigration and Muslims.
Reply 22
Original post by Napp
And you seem to be nothing but a loud mouth malcontent who doesnt seem to know the rather basic fact that the royal family through not only their various enterprises (such as the Duchy) but also the more nebulous draw of tourist revenue are a net contributor to the exchequer. Something i imagine you probably are not...?

Maybe Britain and the world could survive quite nicely without a royal family? perish the thought!
Original post by mgi
Maybe Britain and the world could survive quite nicely without a royal family? perish the thought!

They would still exist and would still appear on postcards, in Hello and Grazia and at horse racing events. They would just be kept away from any decision making, allowing Prince Charles to stop having to write letters to politicians in black spidery handwriting and the Queen to no longer serve as a prop for whatever deeply reactionary policy the government wish to sneak through at the time. Oh and we will want Windsor Castle back.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Farage has been mouthing off again, this time in Australia.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/12/nigel-farage-prince-harry-meghan-markle-overweight-queen-mother-cpac-brexit

Whenever he goes abroad, he never fails to attack different aspects of traditional British life and culture. Here it is the late lamented Queen Mother, who was probably amongst the top five most popular people in the country at any given time. His complaint? She smoked and drank.

Not to stop there, he launched into an obviously and blatantly racist rant against Harry and Meghan. Their crime? They are apparently both popular and in tune with the zeitgeist and not at all extremely right wing.

On past trips overseas, Farage has conspired with Trump and his cronies to sell off the NHS, met clandestinely with leading Russian figures himself and through his sleazy pal Aaron Banks and generally done his best to undermine the country whilst grovelling to special interests abroad.

Isn't it time we had this self-serving and oligarch-loving creep locked up in the Tower?

farage tax.jpg

Ah the new face of the radical left- pro monarchy and anti free speech. not surprising since you’re also pro free trade, open borders and antidemocratic. People like you are the reason why the centre- left is in such peak decline.

and your point is absurd. There are plenty of pro Eu politicians who dodge tax.
Reply 25
Original post by 999tigger
Dunno I think he is very rude, likes to wind up his audiences and doesnt mind running down the UK to do it.
He did one about immigration and Muslims.

And the current unelected Prime Minister- what has he been up to?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
They are not. It's the liberals.

Sure but ‘woke’ liberals have largely co-opted western left wing parties.
There are some instances where it's best to keep your mouth shut. Farage doesn't seem to understand this.
His bottom set of teeth are still doing the Mexican wave.
Original post by RazzzBerries
There are some instances where it's best to keep your mouth shut. Farage doesn't seem to understand this.

I can't help thinking he will have alienated a lot of his ageing supporters with this one, the Queen Mother was an icon for their generation.
I can't help thinking he will have alienated a lot of his ageing supporters with this one, the Queen Mother was an icon for their generation.

My exact thought! His party is essentially a brand. He's made a big mistake which may have a catastrophic effect on who will be in support of the Brexit Party in the future. The "brand" is in jeopardy.
Original post by Dunya
His bottom set of teeth are still doing the Mexican wave.

:rofl:

Reply 32
Original post by Alt Tankie
Ah the new face of the radical left- pro monarchy and anti free speech. not surprising since you’re also pro free trade, open borders and antidemocratic. People like you are the reason why the centre- left is in such peak decline.

and your point is absurd. There are plenty of pro Eu politicians who dodge tax.

Aren’t you a self confessed Stalinist...?
Reply 33
Original post by mgi

Maybe, maybe not... then again there is no majority for such a move so we will never know.
I've always thought Farage was a bit of a d*ck. He seems very slimey to me.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by RazzzBerries
My exact thought! His party is essentially a brand. He's made a big mistake which may have a catastrophic effect on who will be in support of the Brexit Party in the future. The "brand" is in jeopardy.

This has happened before - every now and then his true colours slip through the mask.

The Public Face of Nigel - beery, cheery, ordinary angry chappy just like the everyman in the street, fed up with rotten johnny foreigners schemes, will get Britain back to the decent land it once was of soggy chips, thin pasty sandwiches, honest pork pies and permanent right wing government that hates immigrants and wants to keep them out.

The real Nigel - a city spiv who has always placed himself first, lived in a grand house near Brussels married to a German wife with kids he was anxious to obtain German passports for, has recently split from her and now puts up with a £15m house in Chelsea where he enjoys a fine wine cellar and his favourite tipple, the best claret. He doesn't give a fig for the working man and has often confided in friends that he cannot abide working class people generally. His key friends are American and other foreign oligarchs and he is deeply involved with international hedge fund and financier interests. His top priority has always been and remains personal enrichment. He even milked the UKIP bank accounts when he was in charge of that organisation for his personal purchases. Nigel is an extremist capitalist, doesn't like the royal family or many other British institutions, is anti-NHS, anti-Parliament and anti-BBC. His political plan is to destroy the British economy as it currently exists and replace it with a ruthless cross between extreme right wing US laissez faire models and Singapore. Brexit is only a stepping stone to that plan.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Napp
Aren’t you a self confessed Stalinist...?

To a certain degree, sure.

If your point is to paint me as a hypocrite: I’m not. I’m merely placing things in their historical context.

Eg- I do indeed support free speech and democracy but these things would have used to destroy the fledgling USSR by the capitalist powers as they have always tried to do.

Communist countries are under constant war from their inception and as such certain liberties are necessarily curtailed (as they are in the West) for their survival.

Duppprting anti revolutionary institutions such as the monarchy serve no such purpose and are contrary to the gradual defeat of capitalism, the liberation of the working classes and national and economic self-determination against imperialism and finance capitalists.
Original post by mgi
And the current unelected Prime Minister- what has he been up to?

What has that got to do with the price of fish?

He was elected as an MP.
He was elected by his peers and then by his party to be leader and default to be PM.
He seems to have been quite buys assembling his government and launching various initiatives on crime, transport, trade, preparing for no deal amongst other things. Lol you making me justify bojo how amusing.

Still doesnt change the op or my comment.
Farage has been mouthing off again, this time in Australia.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/12/nigel-farage-prince-harry-meghan-markle-overweight-queen-mother-cpac-brexit

Whenever he goes abroad, he never fails to attack different aspects of traditional British life and culture. Here it is the late lamented Queen Mother, who was probably amongst the top five most popular people in the country at any given time. His complaint? She smoked and drank.

Not to stop there, he launched into an obviously and blatantly racist rant against Harry and Meghan. Their crime? They are apparently both popular and in tune with the zeitgeist and not at all extremely right wing.

On past trips overseas, Farage has conspired with Trump and his cronies to sell off the NHS, met clandestinely with leading Russian figures himself and through his sleazy pal Aaron Banks and generally done his best to undermine the country whilst grovelling to special interests abroad.

Isn't it time we had this self-serving and oligarch-loving creep locked up in the Tower?

farage tax.jpg

Re this post and some of the other ”the Tories are evil” posts on this thread:
https://imgflip.com/i/380784
Reply 39
Original post by Napp
Maybe, maybe not... then again there is no majority for such a move so we will never know.

because the masses are duped by the privileged minority into thinking that we are all better off because we have a royal family. We clearly need a Royal family because of the last 10 years of austerity?! Come the revolution..... .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending