The Student Room Group

Less 0.5 in IELTS Writing

I am an international student which has graduated in the past month ( 2019 July ) in one of UK’s universities and I hv got a conditional offer from another university for postgraduate taught course. Since I’m not a native English speaker and a national that the university thought to be English speaking, I need to take IELTS in order to study master ( as this is one of the requirements from the offer and the IELTS score must be 6.5 in overall and with 6+ in each component). Will the university let me in if IELTS score is 6.5 in overall with 5.5 in writing but holding a first class degree?
Original post by calvinzzz
I am an international student which has graduated in the past month ( 2019 July ) in one of UK’s universities and I hv got a conditional offer from another university for postgraduate taught course. Since I’m not a native English speaker and a national that the university thought to be English speaking, I need to take IELTS in order to study master ( as this is one of the requirements from the offer and the IELTS score must be 6.5 in overall and with 6+ in each component). Will the university let me in if IELTS score is 6.5 in overall with 5.5 in writing but holding a first class degree?

You need to ask them this directly.
Reply 2
I am an international student which has graduated in the past month ( 2019 July ) in one of UK’s universities and I hv got a conditional offer from another university for postgraduate taught course. Since I’m not a native English speaker and a national that the university thought to be English speaking, I need to take IELTS in order to study master ( as this is one of the requirements from the offer and the IELTS score must be 6.5 in overall and with 6 in each component). Will the university let me in if IELTS score is 6.5 in overall with 5.5 in writing but holding a first class degree?

Did you tell your postgraduate university that you studied undergraduate degree in UK?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by esrever
Did you tell your postgraduate university that you studied undergraduate degree in UK?

I did tell them but they only exempt a national that they consider as English speaking country. Therefore, I’m not in that case even I graduated in UK within 2 years.
Reply 4
I did tell them but they only exempt a national that they consider as English speaking country. Therefore, I’m not in that case even I graduated in UK within 2 years.

Do you have time for taking another IELTS test? The new computer based test can give results in a week.
Reply 5
Original post by esrever
Do you have time for taking another IELTS test? The new computer based test can give results in a week.

The deadline to submit the result is before 1st September and the IELTS test is not available on this week and the computer based test is not available on my country therefore there is no time to take another one.
The deadline to submit the result is before 1st September and the IELTS test is not available on this week and the computer based test is not available on my country therefore there is no time to take another one.

Talk to them - you need to speak to them to find out if there are any alternatives that they can consider or if they can show any leniency given your UK degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending