The Student Room Group

Edexcel grade boundary leaks - has it really happened again?

Assuming they're real, this is bad news for Edexcel. Their reputation as the exam board who can't stop leaks has been strengthened. It baffles me how this can happen when only Exams Officers have access to them.

Also, for those thinking that the thread title / OP used to be different, you're all imagining it :ninja:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

There were a LOT of fakes circulating before the international results yesterday:mad:
Reply 2
Well, here's a fact: there's a 99% chance that Edexcel's just got leaked.
(edited 4 years ago)
Edexcel got leaked. Everyone's seen it on the other thread. 😥
(edited 4 years ago)
What thread
funny how edexcel manages to get leaked all the time... It's almost as though they're a **** exam board
Reply 7
Why was the OP deleted? :K:
There were 3 different sets of fake CIE grade boundaries leaked before the official ones came out.
Just because something looks like it might be genuine doesn't mean it isn't just some numpty with too much time on their hands looking to get hits on a website and a bunch of advertising money.
Original post by PQ
There were 3 different sets of fake CIE grade boundaries leaked before the official ones came out.
Just because something looks like it might be genuine doesn't mean it isn't just some numpty with too much time on their hands looking to get hits on a website and a bunch of advertising money.

True 😣
Oh, Edexcel :facepalm:
Reply 11
Original post by solark
Why was the OP deleted? :K:

Because it looks a bit silly now that it seems like the Edexcel boundaries were leaked :smile:

I got a lot of abuse a few years back from stressed students when I denied exam leaks so I’m not making that mistake again.
Any thing about OCR?? Because that would REALLY help 😂😅
Original post by allyhealy
Any thing about OCR?? Because that would REALLY help 😂😅

Exactly
Reply 14
To be fair, I don't think Edexcel is too concerned about grade boundaries leaking; there's nothing that can be changed now and it gives little indication to candidates on how they have done. Besides, this time tomorrow we will all know what the outcome is
Original post by solark
To be fair, I don't think Edexcel is too concerned about grade boundaries leaking; there's nothing that can be changed now and it gives little indication to candidates on how they have done. Besides, this time tomorrow we will all know what the outcome is

True. Also, I don't think having grade boundaries beforehand does anything more than cause stress.
Original post by solark

Agreed, although you would think Edexcel would be more careful now after the whole maths conundrum. :lol:
Original post by esrever
True. Also, I don't think having grade boundaries beforehand does anything more than cause stress.

Exactly. 💯 agree
Reply 18
Original post by solark

I think they do care - it’s very bad for their reputation.
It was genuine last year

Quick Reply

Latest