The Student Room Group

Career Change

Hello,

I already have a bachelors in history of art and I am considering studying architecture or architecture & engineering (architecture and environmental engineering or structural engineering and architecture). Some of the programmes have UCAS code K, others KH. I wonder if funding could be available for someone aiming to pursue a second degree in this field. Thank you.
Original post by Brigitagrin
Hello,

I already have a bachelors in history of art and I am considering studying architecture or architecture & engineering (architecture and environmental engineering or structural engineering and architecture). Some of the programmes have UCAS code K, others KH. I wonder if funding could be available for someone aiming to pursue a second degree in this field. Thank you.

Hi there,

Would you be looking to study full time for the above courses?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

Would you be looking to study full time for the above courses?

Thanks, Erin

Hi Erin,

Full time or part time, will depend on funding.
Hi Erin,

Full time or part time, will depend on funding.

Hi there,

Architecture is only classed as an exception course if studied full time. Also would you be completing riba part 1?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 4
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

Architecture is only classed as an exception course if studied full time. Also would you be completing riba part 1?

Thanks, Erin

Thanks Erin, yes I would aim to complete RIBA part I
Thanks Erin, yes I would aim to complete RIBA part I

Hi there,

Based on this, you would be entitled to the Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants (if you're eligible) for the duration of this course. However, due to your previous study you won't be eligible for the Tuition Fees, unfortunately.

If you're thinking of studying this course, we'd recommend that you speak to your university: they should be able to help you further.

Warm regards, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending